6 || Retained

🇬🇧-Arthur's POV-🇬🇧

"According to legend. It's in a cave. Like any other treasure chest that's not buried." I sassed.

"We're close at least." (Y/N) shrugged.

"Are we going to be rich?" Alfred pulls on her pants. She probably stole it.

"If it's silver and gold then yes." She grinned as she lifts Alfred into the air. He laughs with a bright smile.

"I have a feeling it will be grand," I muttered out of nowhere.

TIME SKIP TO THE CAVE

"It's glowing." Alfred points to luminescent fungi.

"These smell good." (Y/N) chops down some plant.

"We're here for treasure, hurry up." I scolded.

In the deepest part of the cave was a wooden chest.

"This doesn't seem right. Treasure would be buried even if it's in a cave or guarded." I opened the chest.

A fairy with green wings popped out and a note was on the bottom.

"Seeker,
The treasure might as well be with you the whole time. It's those around you."

Was written in neat cursive. I tore it apart in anger. 'This can't be it.' I thought angrily.

"Do you think this will be good for tea?" (Y/N) holds the leafs to Alfred.

"It should be sweet if it smells sweet."

I looked back at the fairy. She smiled at me and pointed to the duo. I glared at her but she seems unphased.

"Tsk." I clicked my tongue and walked away.

"Let's head back."

"What about the treasure?"

I turned back. "The treasure was a joke. The real treasure was the bonds I've made."

"Huh, well, it is worth treasuring." (Y/N) smiled.

"Walk faster before I make you walk the plank." I chuckled.

-YOUR POV-

Alfred walked with me to the kitchen. I plan to make tea out of this plant and give some to Arthur.

"Do you know how to make tea, Alfred?" He shook his head.

"Well, I think you take your plant and boil it in hot water. When you deem it is fused enough you take the plant out." I boil the plant. I watch the water turn red but smells like sugar.

"It smells like cake!" Alfred cheered.

"I know, it reminds me of sweet milk. Well, condensed milk."

"What's that?"

"It's milk but sweeter."

"Ok."

I poured three cups of the brewed tea. "We'll drink this in Captains quarters."

We walked to Arthur's room and Alfred knocked on the door since I'm carrying the tea.

"Name and business."

"Fabulous person coming through with your adorable Alfred," I said.

"Come in," Arthur's voice came out as a groan.

I kicked open the door. "Tea smells good you know."

Arthur whiffed the air. "It does..."

Placing three cups down I sighed. "I wonder what this plant is called."

"Don't know, but it smells delicious." Arthur held the cup to his lips.

"Mm!" America grabbed the cup.

"Great." We all took a sip.

My head started to get fuzzy. "What's in this?"

"I was about to ask you if you put anything in it." Arthur groaned.

"Artie? You're spinning!" Alfred pointed at him. Seems like he's high.

TIME SKIP BY FLYING MINT BUNNY

I groaned and opened my eyes. Wait. I'm on Arthur's sofa. Are we back to the present?

I looked around. Arthur is sitting on his chair with the book on his lap.

"My head..." Grown up Alfred sat up from the ground.

"Why am I here? Did Iggy kidnap me?" We made eye contact.

"Sup, dude! I just had the craziest dream! England was a pirate when I was a child and you were there." He waves his arms around like a child.

"England?" I questioned.

"Short for British." America sweat dropped.

"Bloody hell." Arthur groaned.

"Hey, dude!"

"Why're you here?" He glared.

"Hey! I somehow got to your place." Alfred pouted.

"Hey, Artie. Is the pirate you?" I asked.

"It's just a character." Arthur ran to the kitchen.

"He's lying, he's always been a terrible liar." I frowned.

"So, was the Arthur and Alfred I met in my dream were your grandparents?" I looked at Alfred.

"Haha! Sure! Something like that." He escaped out the front door.

"Why the fuck you lyin' why you always lyin' oh mah gawd, stop fuckin' lyin'!" I sang to myself.

"Would you like more tea?"

I nodded. "Only if I'm not in a life or death situation."

"What?"

"Nothing." I smirked.

"Captain Kirkland. The king of eyebrows."

Arthur spit his tea a little. "I dont know what you're talking about, love."

"I wonder what will happen next." You took a sip and laid down. Thinking the same thing will happen.