Thought Twelve. - Home sweet Home....Not.

'Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character.  Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul.'         

      -Author Unknown.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Opening my eyes, I find myself staring into the dark, starry sky. 

I fell asleep. 

"Shit! Jones!" I scream as he pops his head into my vision. He's standing above me, his legs separated, and both of my legs flat on the ground in-between his. "You scared the living crap outta me!"

"Oh gem, no need to be frightened. I was just watching you sleep." He gives me a flashy grin. 

"Of course... Just watching me sleep." I shrug my shoulders and pull myself upwards, standing up. Eye to eye with Jones. 

Well, of course I have to look up a little, but that's besides the point. 

"Not creepy at all." 

"You think I'm creepy?" He looks at me accusingly. "You're the one that was humming in your sleep!"

"Humming?" Was I really? 

Is that like sleep walking, except no walking? 

I toss this amusing thought in my head or a few seconds. 

"Hmm." 

"What?" 

"That's pretty darn cool!" 

"Yeah, or creepy. So now that we've figured out that you're the weird one, how 'bout we go to my place?" He offers me his hand. 

I stare at it incredulously. 

"Take my hand, Ariel." He wiggles it. 

"I don't need to, I can walk on my own.

"We aren't walking." He raises his eyebrow, and shoots me a sideways grin. 

Ah, we are running. 

Well, I can go fast too. 

I give him a devious glare, and find myself smiling back. 

"What's your point Jones? Afraid I'm faster then you, and that I might just run away?" 

With that, I take off. 

I ponder over how new this is to me, I'm not used to the exhilarating speed, as my legs effortlessly keep taking quick, long strides. 

I run fast. 

But Jones runs faster. 

I try with all my mite to catch up with him, but after every quick stride, he's always five feet ahead of me still. 

To run this fast, it's like having tunnel vision. Everything to my sides are blurred, and I have a crystal clear view of everything that is ahead of me. 

That's why when Jones comes to an abrupt stop, I find my feet digging into the ground, making it easier for me to stop, just a few feet behind him. 

He looks over his shoulder at me, with a smile that could break a thousand hearts. 

He probably has broken that many, if not more. 

"Come on, gem." I walk up to him, and stand beside him.