Thought Twenty-Nine. - A New Beginning.

I should have no objection to go over the same life from its beginning to the end: requesting only the advantage authors have, of correcting in a second edition the faults of the first.

Benjamin Franklin

_____________________________________________________________________________

Neven carried me all the way back to the cabin, kicking the door open and gently placing me on the bed. By then I had stopped my violent sobs, and had laid there motionless staring up at the ceiling. I could hear water running from the bathroom, and sure enough Neven came back and picked me up, carrying me into the room and gently placed both of us in the tub. He had gently washed me, my back facing him. 

He is so kind to me, and he shows love for me in everything that he does. I don't know how I deserve such love from anyone, but I'm not complaining. My own mother had never even showed me this kind of love, there was never any extra care when it came to our relationship. We are just family by blood, and I'm afraid that's the only thing that had ever kept us in contact over all of these years. 

Now Neven and I sit in the kitchen, him in a pair of comfortable looking sweatpants, and I am wearing a a snug housecoat. Each of us holds a few viles, and we silently gulp them down, waiting for a full recovery. Physically I'm not even hurt, but I feel somewhat emotionally damaged. I don't want to feel this way. I have been silent since the forest, and I still can't seem to find my voice. 

Two men were just fighting over me.

Jones said that he would come back for me.

That he would never give up on me.

This scares the crap out of me.

Never is a long time when you can live forever. 

A part of me doesn't want him to give up. I mean, he is Jones. He is not as nasty as he makes himself out to be, and part of my heart will always be his. I don't know what I am going to do about it, and I probably won't do anything. I can't help but think that even though I love Neven, and I have chosen to be his, what if our love dies after a century? What if our destiny is all wrong? 

Why has Jones always been somehow entangled in our destiny? There has to be a reason, these things just don't happen. 

Everything happens for a reason. 

"What if our child can't save this land, and all of souls? What if he can't fulfil the prophecy?" 

Neven snaps his head up, dropping a vile he was holding, and looks at me in disbelief. I'm not sure if this is because I am talking about our future child, or if it;s because I am speaking at all. 

"Honey, we don't question destiny. It is the one thing that is not meant to be tampered with. Everything will work out the way that it is supposed to, and I'm sure it will leave us very happy with our life." He gently responds, putting his hand over mine on the table top. 

"You told me once that Jones would devour me. What did you mean by that?" 

"When I sent you that message, I was very upset, and I just wanted you to come back to me. I'm not sure what I meant by it. Jones is just a bad apple, ma' dear." 

"But he's not." 

"Did you really allow him to feed from you, Ariel?" He asks, as he hangs his head down low, rubbing his thumb against my hand. 

Allow him?

Why would he ask such a dumb question? In what world would I just willingly let someone eat from my neck? I mean, if it were a life or death situation, yes I would probably. But I would most definitely not let even Jones drink from my neck willingly. 

Devoured Destiny (Completed, but being rewritten and edited.)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें