Thought Twenty-Seven. - Naked adventures. (PART1)

Neven's Perspective. 

God, I hate mornings. 

I wake up groggy and disoriented. Yawning I pull the covers off of me and stretch my naked body. 

Ah, that's better. 

I turn over to see an empty bedside. 

Empty? Where's Ariel?

I stay still and silent, listening to hear any sign of her in the cabin.

Nothing. 

Dammit! 

Jumping out of bed, I quickly open the door and find that the sun has just risen. Why would she leave me in the middle of the night? We had an amazing night together. She wouldn't just throw everything that we have built together away so quickly. Would she? 

No. 

Not after last night. 

She loves me. She even told me so, before making love to me. The memories still fresh in my head from last night, just hours ago. I can lose myself reliving the memory, but of course it's not as good as the real thing. The feeling of her skin touching mine, her breathless whispers in my ear, our perfect rhythm and the way our bodies fit perfectly together. The way my heart jumps when she speaks my name; my memories do not serve the correct amount of justice as the real thing. 

What if she's in danger? 

As soon as the thought materializes, I'm running out of the door and towards the forest. Something in my gut is telling me that I will find her in there. She needs me now, more then ever. Pushing my legs into full speed I launch myself into the deepest part of the forest, hanging onto the last thread of hope  that I am seriously mistaken. 

But my intuition is almost always right. 

I keep willing my legs to go faster, and I hit the point to where I no longer feel like I am running, but I am floating. The trees are but a blur, and I can barely feel the branches scratching at my bare skin, taring away my flesh with each lightning fast hurtle. 

"-jackass." 

Her voice. I can hear her, she must be close now. I keep going until suddenly I hear her panting breaths. I plant my heals deep into the earth, bringing me to an abrupt halt, dirt flying through the air. I see her running, faster then I have ever deemed her capable of. 

She's running straight for me, but she doesn't seem to see me. She's a few feet from me, and I only have a second to think. 

Screw thinking.

I rush up to her, before she has the chance to collide into me. Grabbing her shoulders I stop her, and look into her eyes for some sort of explanation. 

Fear.

Her dilated pupils tell all. 

"What's happened ma' dear?" I swallow my own fear as she just stares back at me. 

Does she know who I am?

"Ariel!" I scream, as I shake her by her shoulders, watching her whole body tremble. 

She quickly shuts her eyes, and re-opens them. Really looking at me this time. I watch her as she takes a deep breath and bites her bottom lip. 

"Ariel?" I whisper, tilting her chin up as she tries to avoid eye contact. 

"I-I-Neve- why did you stop me!" Huh? That's the first thing she says? 

She's running naked in the middle of the forest, terrified. And she asks me 'why I stopped her?' Is this some sort of not-so-funny prank, or something? 

"Ariel... you were runn-" 

"YES! I was running! Because something very bad is happening. You don't understand, we have to get out of here, we have to run. We can't look back. We have to find somewhere else to live, he will always find us, he will always come back for -" 

"You." A deep voice finishes her sentence, and looking around Ariel's head, I see that someone has joined us. 

Jones.

"What the flying fuc-" I'm cut off by the bloodsucker. 

"Tsk, tsk. Swearing in front of the lady we love is surely not going to win her over." Jones chuckles, but his dark stare, and devious smile tells me that he is dead serious. 

I quickly grab Ariel by the waist and throw her behind me. There is no way, that he is laying one finger on my woman. Not a chance in hell, and surely that's where he is from. 

I look over my shoulder towards Ariel, "Please run back to the cabin. Go home. NOW.

Jones uses his speed to his advantage to get in-between Ariel and I, his hands cooly in his pockets. 

"Oh, Neven. Leave her be. Besides, how ever will she pick her mate if she is not here to decide?"

I give him the nastiest glare that I can muster. A glare that can kill animals, right in their tracks. So why isn't it having any effect on him? Does he truly think that he has a chance with my Ariel? Does he actually think that she would willingly choose to be his mate? 

"What makes you think that she will ever think of you as her mate?" I snarl at him, almost a full out growl. This guy really pisses me off. He has scared my love, and is threatening me and her as well. Nobody screws with our destiny, even if he has always been intertwined with it. 

This is where it ends. 

He slowly takes steps, which bring him face to face with me. His bemused expression never falters, and he brings his mouth to my ear. I stay still, unnerved by his facade. Now he speaks though, low and crystal clear. 

"Do you really want to know why? Do you really want to hear about how she and I were in my hot stream, our naked bodies pressed against each other, and how she begged for more as I sank my fangs into her sweetplush flesh?" 

A growl escapes my lips, as I stare at Ariel sitting on the forest ground. A horror filled expression masks her beautiful face. She grips her legs, sitting in the fetal position. 

Didn't I tell her to run?

Jones takes a step back, as I stay still in my place. I let his words soak into my head, I don't believe him. He's just trying to get to me. Trying to make me lose my cool. 

She wouldn't do such things with him.

She wouldn't allow him to feed from her. 

Would she?

Just as I think it, I leap for his throat. My feet leave the forest ground in one motion, and I glare at my target. 

Arms outstretched, and fully ready to throttle him, my hands meet his throat and we both violently collapse to the ground.