Thought Thirty-Six. - Abort Plan.

Neven's Perspective. 

                                                                               ***

Back and forth.

Back and forth.

I watch Ariel as she clutches her backside and her stomach, walking past the window, going back and forth. 

She's in an incredible amount of pain, but the walking seems to put her mind at ease; slightly. It has been six hours since Vern and I brought her back to the house. I didn't realize how long this could take.

How much pain she would be in. 

I don't really know how to help, except by being here with her. Granting her every wish, and by seeing to her comfort. I have noticed that the pain is coming more frequently though, and this scares the living crap out of me.

I get up from the couch and walk towards her, with my arms outstretched. I take her into my arms, and gently kiss her sweat covered forehead. Leaning back, I take in her state.

She's drenched in sweat, her delightful brown hair sticking to her face and neck. The skin under her eyes droop, and look bruised. Her muscles in her face seem tense, as she scrunches up in pain. Her emerald eyes look beaten up. Utter exhaustion, but they gleam with determination. 

I always said she had a stubborn soul, and God forbid she goes down without a fight. 

In any situation. 

She will get through this, and I will help her in any way that I can. I only wish that I could take the pain from her. I would inject it into my veins, and transfer it all over to me,  for her if I could. 

"Let's get you back upstairs, into bed." I say, gently leading her to the stairs. She numbly nods, gripping onto my side for support. 

Step by step we take the stairs, almost half way up. I feel Ariel's grip severely tighten, and look at her face in alarm. She has her eyes scrunched closed, and her mouth wide open. She arches her back, sending us both off balance. I suddenly lose my hold on her, and am watching as she flails backwards, screaming. 

Bile rises in my throat as I scream, and leap into the air, down the stairs.

I hear a door slam shut. 

                                                                            ***

                                                              Jones' Perspective.

                                                                           ***

The night air welcomes me, the tall grass swaying to the wind. It brushes up against my arms, making me shiver. But I like it; it makes me feel like my presence is not forgotten.  I slither in the night, watching like a hawk. There is almost always light shining through the large windows, and I keep my eyes peeled to them.

Just in case.

One of them will have to leave at some point… don’t they have needs?

I watch as she walks past the lit window, her swollen stomach protruding from her torso. It disturbs me, and enrages me to know that there is something in her, growing.

A low grumbled, throaty growl escapes my lips.

Seeing her like this makes me lose myself. She doesn’t look overly happy, even though her clear and audible laughter tries to prove me wrong.

I think tonight may be the night that I am fortunate enough to come up with some sort of plan. The guards never leave their posts. They are intimidating, even to me. Two brawly, large men. Both in armor, and both look heavily equipped.  There’s no way that I can get past them both.

Neven is smarter then I have given him credit for. He sought out protection against me, and has succeeded, so far. They don’t know how much it takes for me to give up on something that I truly want though. Two giants, for guards will not keep me from her.

I snap out of my line of thought, and focus on the two men. I can faintly hear them converse about something. They talk quietly, back and forth for a few minutes. The one on the right nods his head in approval to the other, and then steps in the middle of the door. The other guard mutters something, and then stalks off towards the out house that is stationed in the field, beside the house.

This is my chance.

Using the long grass to my advantage, I speedily creep my way through, coming to a stop at the pond.

Hmm… how am I going to do this? I need to distract this guy, and quickly. The other guard will be back shortly and I can’t risk loosing this chance. I might not get another one any time soon.

The idea hatches in my mind, and just as quickly I put my plan into play. I grab a large stone that lies near the pond, and throw it as far as I can towards the left side of the house. It lands to the ground, making a perfect thump.

Just what I was hoping for.

The guard has certainly heard it, and looks like he is contemplating whether he should leave without the other guard or not.

For shit sakes.

I pick up a larger stone this time, and throw it in the same direction. I know all too well that he will only hear the noise as it smashes into the earth. He can’t see the rock tumbling through the air, or where it is coming from. It is far too dark, and I am far too fast.

This time, the guard takes a second to look around the parameter standing still. He slightly huffs, and I watch as his massive chest fills with air and inflates. Keeping a straight posture, he makes his way over to where I had thrown the rocks.

Good.

I have maybe five minutes.

I use my speed to my advantage, and use the dark as my cloak. I make it to the front door, and putting my hand on the knob, I can’t help but to think about how sweet revenge is.

Bittersweet.

Ariel, you are mine.

I twist the doorknob and am face to face with a horrific scene.

A scene unimaginable, to even I.

Ariel is falling backwards, into the air, down the stairs. Her screams fill my ears, creating a whole new sense of dread within me. Neven leaps into the air, screaming after her. His arms trying to catch hold to her. 

I slam the door shut. 

I use my speed, once again, to race to the bottom of the staircase. I slide on the floor, stopping right at the bottom step. Glancing up, I reach for Ariel's flailing body, and then crash. My mind goes blank as our bodies collide with the hard ground. 

The last thing I hear before the lurking darkness surrounds me, is her high pitched wail. 

I failed. 

                                                                                     ***

Hey! :) Please remember to vote and comment. I will update soon! Let me know if you like it so that I can keep writing :)