Thought Thirty One. (Begining of Part Two) - 'Little One.'

________________________________________________

 'Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.'

 -Maria Robinson

 ________________________________________________

There’s no doubt about it, this is home.

I have always thought that home is wherever you want it to be, it is whatever you will it to be. I guess I just didn’t really know what it felt like to have a home. Somewhere that you always want to be, a place that you feel safe in and comfortable. This is where I am now, my home. And it’s not just because I want my home to be all of those things, no. It’s because it is.

Neven has done his best to make me feel at ease in our new home, but he doesn’t have to try very hard. The moment I laid my eyes on this beautiful stone house, I was in love all over again. I remember, it has already been seven months. He had made me cover my eyes, while he cradled me, running fast into the unknown.

A month after the whole collision with Jones, Neven had declared that our house was ready, and that he was going to make it a surprise for me. I was overwhelmed and teary eyed. Joy had blossomed in my stomach, and my head was reeling with excitement.

When we had finally stopped running, I peeked through my hands to look up at his face. A smile played at his lips, and I couldn’t stop the loud and excited giggle that escaped my lips.

“Hey! No peeking!” He said, as he playfully covered my eyes with his hands.

I made my lips turn downwards, giving him my best pouty look.

“But you stopped! Aren’t we here yet?” I whined, giggling as well.

“Oh, I guess I can let you down now.” He said, while pausing to gently put me on my feet. “But keep your eyes closed for two more seconds.”

“Fine.” I felt anxious, and giddy. Surprises always take so long, and the anticipation just builds and builds until I am ready to combust. “One. Mississippi…”

“Two. Mississippi…” I gave an exaggerated pause, and then flung my hands away from my eyes.

I was shocked, and overcome by the beauty.

Everything was so colourful to my eyes,  and so exquisite. I heard myself gasp in awe, and then turned to look at Neven.

He had a shy smile, and his hands were in his jean pockets. He was swinging his body slowly back and forth, like he was nervous. I couldn’t contain my happiness though, and flung myself at him. Jumping on him, I placed my lips on his, and whispered to him how much I loved him.  How grateful I was.

This is one of my favourite memories.

I sit on the edge of the pond, kicking the water with my feet. It’s incredibly hot today; this whole month has been hot. Neven says that it’s the worst heat wave that he has ever encountered here, and he sympathizes me because it feels ten times worse for me. I lay my hand on my swollen belly, caressing it gently.

Because of you, little one.

I feel a smile tug at my lips. This baby hasn’t even left my womb yet, and he/she’s making me smile already. The first few months were the hardest for me to go through, and that was just mentally. I couldn’t fully accept the fact that I was pregnant. That I was going to be a mother to the key.

After the first two months, my pregnancy symptoms had really become prominent and I could no longer live in denial. I had sickness like never before, and I was always tired and irritated. By the fourth and fifth month I was showing at large. Neven was always touching my bump, and whispering soothing words to it. Now in my eighth month, we have the babies room already prepped and ready to go. The room is a lovely pale green colour, with little animated baby animals painted along the walls. Neven made a crib with his own two hands, and put up little wooden shelves to hold picture frames and other little things.