Chapter 1

Dedicated Chapter Song: Afraid - The Neighborhood

When I wake up I'm afraid, somebody else might take my place. When I wake up I'm afraid, somebody else might end up being me. (Anna)

⚠WARNING⚠: DO

⚠WARNING⚠:
DO. NOT. READ. THIS. UNLESS. YOU'VE. READ. "THE CAPTAIN". YOU. WILL. NOT. UNDERSTAND. A. DAMN. THING.

      "She's here, sir

      "She's here, sir." Eren Jaeger addressed to Captain Levi as Anna was brought from the carriage once more, still handcuffed, however. "Anna," Levi said as he padded his way over to her. "Have you remembered anything?" he asked.

      Anna slowly shook her head, not bothering to say a word. "Release her," he said sternly to the guards. "You all are dismissed. I'll take her from here."

      Rosaline, with her gorgeous and pure pink hair, came running down the dirt path. "Anna!" she cried, hugging the girl the second she saw her. Anna let out an "oof" sound and stumbled back. "R-Rose...?" she mumbled. Rose pulled back, a wide grin on her face. "You remember me!"

      "Uh... yeah... how could I not? You look... old...er..." she quickly finished. "Ruby... Where's Ruby?!" she demanded. Rose sadly let go of Anna. "She's dead, A. She's been dead for about a year. So has Cullen."

      "What?!" Anna's pure voice rang, and Levi knew then that she was not his Anna. "No... You're just joking... right?" tears were already in her eyes. "I can take you to their graves." Rose offered. "Another time," Levi said, flatly. "Oh. You." Anna looked over at him. "I... still don't remember meeting you. Might I ask your name?" she politely smiled.

      He sneered at her. "Tch. It's Levi," he mumbled. Anna smiled. "Just Levi?" she tilted her head. "Ackerman." he finished. Anna smiled again. "Well, there's no point in introducing myself since everyone already seems to know me." she lightheartedly laughed.

      It hurt Levi to see her so happy when she was oblivious to the things she'd done in the past. Her smile faded as the thoughts of her dead friends came over her. "Uhn..." she groaned, putting a hand on her head. "Have they made any progress?" Rose asked her.