Chapter 32

Dedicated Chapter Song: What Have You Done? - Within Temptation

Would you mind if I hurt you?
Understand that I need to. Wish that I had other choices than to harm the one I love.
(Anna)

"Annaaaa!" Hanji called to the brunette who was busy training in climbing on a rock wall

"Annaaaa!" Hanji called to the brunette who was busy training in climbing on a rock wall. "Whaaaat?" she carelessly replied, reaching up the wall to grab onto another small ledge and pull herself up. "I've got another report from Ruby for you!"

"Tsk, can't you just leave it on my desk?" Anna craned her head over her muscular arm. It didn't take too long for Anna to build up all the muscle that she had lost while in the Military Police's custody. She wore a grey tank top with black shorts and kept her hair in two boxer braids during training that day. "It has a large red "urgent" sticker on the front. I thought you'd want to read it now." Hanji protested. Anna rolled her eyes and flung herself backwards off the wall, landing in the net just underneath her training space. "Hand it over," she muttered, lounging in the net.

Hanji did just as she'd asked and passed her the envelope, to which Anna carelessly ripped open and tossed to the ground. "If Levi saw that action he'd kick you into the next Wall." Hanji remarked. "I don't give a shit." Anna monotonously mumbled while her tired eyes scanned over the document.

'Anna,

Regarding that "issue" you had me look into this was all I was able to find in the Stohess records. I had to pull several strings just to get this record of your family tree. Unfortunately there's nothing here that points to you being an Ackerman but this tree only goes up to your grandparents.'

Anna eyes fixated on the tree, letting out an angered sigh. It didn't tell her anything she didn't already know.

'However, there's one other thing that could prove useful to us. The only issue is retrieving it. I briefly recall Cullen putting together a file of all known information about you and your family. Should the file still exist you'd know exactly where he'd left it. Should you choose to pursue those documents be wary of the one who may now be guarding them. If you ask, I will gladly accompany you back down there. This is your choice, Anna. How far are you willing to go to find out the truth?

~Ruby'

"Oh, Cullen," Anna sneered after reading the report. "If only you were alive. Then I'd stab the information out of you. You've caused me so many problems already." she sighed and threw her head back. "Why is my life always filled with problems?" she muttered. "What the hell are you doing, Anna? Lounging around like the lazy pig you are?"

She glanced sideways to see Levi standing near her, surprisingly not in uniform. In fact he wasn't even wearing a shirt. Just training pants and boots. Anna stifled a groan and looked away, refusing to be tempted by him if such accusations about their bloodline were true. "What is this filth?" he picked up the envelope. "Tch, disgusting. I'd have thought you'd have learned by now, Annalise."