Chapter 36

Dedicated Chapter Song: Mother's Little Helper - The Rolling Stones

Mother needs something today to calm her down, and though she's not really ill, there's a little yellow pill. She goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper.
(Anna)

*Before The Titans Attacked*

“Annie,” spoke Elizabeth Kasahara, sitting in a field of grass with a young Annalise in her lap. “smile for me, baby.” Anna shook her head. “Nu-uh. Mm never smiling again.” she pouted, crossing her arms. “And why is that, sweetheart?” her mother calmly spoke.

      “Jamie said he didn't want to be my prince.” Anna grumped. “He did, did he? Hmm. Why do you want Jamie to be your prince, Annie?” she asked, once more pronouncing Anna's moniker as “oni”. “Because he made me smile when I was sad today.” Anna innocently spoke. Elizabeth smiled and stroked her daughter's hair with a brush. “Oh? What did he do?”

      “I saw daddy shoot a bird and so I cried because its friends would be sad.” Anna sighed. “Jamie said that the birdie flew into daddy's bullet so that it could fill its purpose in life and be dinner to a good family.” she plucked a weed from the grass between her stubby toes. “So I smiled and hugged him. But he didn't wanna be my prince.”

      “That doesn't mean you won't find your prince, baby girl. It just means that Jamie isn't him. It took a long time for me to find your father. It wasn't easy and my heart was broken many times,” her voice was cool and calming. It flowed like a river of silk throughout the air. “but when your daddy and I fell in love it was like—”

“Like Hysteria and her prince?” Anna piped up. Elizabeth laughed. “Yes. Like Hysteria and her prince.” she agreed. “I wanna be like Hysteria one day, Mommy. I want to find someone I love so much that nothing can ever, ever, ever, ever, ever tear us apart!” her young and innocent smile returned back to her face. “And you will, my child. You just have to keep looking. Remember this, Annie: stay true to yourself and only love someone for their values and personality. Never force yourself to love someone because you owe them a kindness. No one owns your heart but you. Until you're willing to give it away to someone, stay strong and stand your ground. The heart is not something that can easily be mended if wounded. Do you understand that, child?”

      Anna nodded her head excitedly. “Yes, mommy.”

”