Chapter 14

Dedicated Chapter Song: Beneath The Mask - Lyn Inaizumi

I'm a shape shifter.
What else should I be?
Please don't take off my mask.
Revealing dark...
(Anna)

      “How amusing

      “How amusing.” Anna laughed quietly at the Titans as they tried to swing at her. She simply jumped out of the way. “Your kind is pathetic vermin. I'll show you where you really belong.” Anna had snapped. It was clear to see. Levi scrambled up to his feet, running to help his comrade Hanji.

      Many soldiers witnessed it. She'd brought him back to life somehow. In that moment, the Titans were the least terrifying thing on the battlefield. Anna was screaming with white hot fury as Titan after Titan fell at her feet. Her swords were just beams of light flashing by. She was unseen, like an epidemic, silently killing.

      Her hysteria drove her and kept her alive. When it came down to only the Beast Titan left, Anna grinned maniacally, her eyes flaming gold with anger. “So... it's just you and me...” she taunted as the Titans' blood surrounding her eyes evaporated. “I was like you once. Hell...maybe I still am.” she cackled, raising her hand to her mouth. “Shall we find out?”

      The familiar taste of flesh flooded her senses again. She was pissed. No, she was angrier than that. They'd messed with her. They'd messed with her friends. They'd messed with her family. They were going to pay.

      “Levi...” Hanji pointed behind him, her gaze widening. Levi turned his head to see the enormous woman he'd once feared. “She...she still has the ability...” Hanji breathed out. “How?”

      “She believes. She remembers.” Levi replied. “We need to get out of here. Fall back!” he ordered. “But, Levi...what about Anna?” Hanji asked as Levi grabbed her arm and threw it over his shoulders. “Look at her.” he said, doing just that. “Does it look like she needs any help?”

      Anna stood proud and tall, her white hair falling down her back as she held her stance as a powerful 20 meter Titan. In Hanji's reports she'd read that Eren was able to become as powerful as she needed based on the goal in mind. Keeping that in mind, Anna was powerful. Beast let out a roar and another swarm of Titans came to his command.

      ‘Not today, you bitch.’ Anna thought, bringing up her fist and throwing it into the Beast’s face. She screamed, her toothy jaw opening wide and she bit into a 12-meter Titan’s neck, ripping off its head. When it was on the ground, she slammed her foot down against it's nape to ensure it didn't regenerate.