Chapter 26

Dedicated Chapter Song: In My Life - John Lennon

There are places I remember. All my life though some have changed. Some forever not for better. Some have gone and some remain.
(Anna)

*Decades Ago*

*Decades Ago*

      Hysteria slammed a young male soldier up against a brick wall, pinning him against it. “Where can I find Victoria Damon?” she demanded. “I-I have no idea who you're talking about!” he stammered. Hysteria rolled her red eyes and retrieved a dagger from her back. “Look, I'm really not in the mood to bloody up my favorite knives, so if you could just tell me where she is, I'll let you live, okay?”

      “That's enough!” shouted a feminine voice. “Leave him alone!” Hysteria glanced over her shoulder at a caped woman, who's head was covered by a black hood. “You're looking for Victoria?” she asked. “Who’s asking?” Hysteria lowered the man, letting go of him. The young girl yanked back her hair, letting her milky white tresses flow down her back. “I am.” she spoke with a calm tone.

       Hysteria grinned. “Victoria Damon,” she crooned. “I've been looking everywhere for you.” Victoria was a rather small girl, with dull morning blue eyes that were like murky seawater. “I know. You've come to kill me, yes?” she smiled. “I know who you are, Annalise Kasahara. I've been waiting for you to come back.”

      “What the devil are you on about?” she hissed. “Oh, my apologies. It's been years since you've been here. Don't you remember? We were best friends." She giggled. “My brother Sammy would always come over to your house and bring fresh made bread from the bakery. Don't you remember that?”

      “If you're trying to delay your death, it's not working. Not shut up so I don't feel sorry for you.” Victoria laughed quietly. “By all means, kill me. He's going to kill you either way.” Hysteria arched an eyebrow. “Who?” she demanded. “Your friend. The blond one? He's conspiring with my father in an attempt to ‘collect’ you. My father says you're worth millions. They've concocted a plan to lure you to Marley and used me as bait.” Victoria glared at the boy on the ground. "What are you still doing here, Andy? Scat!” she insisted.

      The boy took off running in the blink of an eye. “What makes you think I'm going to trust your word?” Hysteria crossed her arms. “Because we both want the same thing: freedom.” Victoria said. “I have a plan,” she stated. “It's risky but it might just be what the both of us need.”

”