Chapter 40

Dedicated Chapter Song: Vale (This Is Where It Ends) - Black Veil Brides

Life took another turn. A hurricane has washed away the fire that once burned. Time has taken our true spark. Chosen but we gave away the beat to your broken heart. I can't put it back together. No, I won't put it back together. This is where it ends.
(Anna and Levi duet)

“What are we doing out here?" Levi questioned the very next day

“What are we doing out here?" Levi questioned the very next day. One more day until the wedding. It seemed it was all anyone was talking about. Even in the capital, the only conversational topic was how the Rogue Masquerader and the Captain of the Recon Corps were to be wed. Anna and Levi stood alone along the edge of Wall Rose, gazing out as the sun began to rise. “Crap...we should've gone sooner.” Anna mumbled. “I don't think we'll attract too much attention but we can take down any Titan that comes after us.”

“Hold on. Where the fuck are you taking me?” Levi grabbed her arm as she moved towards the lift with their horses. “After talking with my “mother” yesterday something occurred to me. A place. I want to visit it with you. It's strange but I know exactly how to get there. Like I've been there before but I just can't remember.” her eyes cast out to the land again. “I want to take you beyond the Walls.”

“I've been beyond the Walls, Annalise. There's nothing but Titan territory for endless miles.” Levi argued, his grip on her arm tightening. “Hehe, you're wrong about that, heichou.” she smiled, stunning him. “It's dangerous.” he protested. “Our lives are always in danger, Levi. Risk something for love for once in your life.”

His silvery grey eyes flashed at her. “Can you promise me we'll be safe?" To which, Anna grinned. “I'm Humanity's Badass Bitch. There isn't anything that can get in my way.” his grip on her arm was loosened enough to where she could yank herself away from him and move to their horses. A perfect yin and yang, as Anna would call them. One a beautiful black ebony—Levi's horse— and the other a snowy white Ivory— Anna's horse.

“So where exactly are we going?” he questioned once more as they stepped into the lift with their horses. “To the beach,” Anna grinned. “Beach...?” Levi turned to her. “Those exist?” Anna laughed at his ignorance. “Yeah," she lowered her head and smiled. “Beaches exist. The ocean... It's so blue...” she whispered as he began to lower the lift for them both. “It goes on forever and ever but there are places in between here and the horizon.”

“I've...heard stories of the ocean. That Arlert child loves to talk about it.” Levi said. Anna sighed deeply and raised her head. “Maybe next time we'll bring him along. Today... it's just you and me. Consider it a....pre-honeymoon.” she giggled. “You sure have a way with words.” Levi rolled his eyes.

“Hey! What else was I supposed to call it?!” she stuck her tongue out at him as they reached the ground. “How about something not so idiotic sounding?” he retorted. “What? You don't wanna have a honeymoon?”