The Cafe

"Why do you have to go Kitty Kat?" Azalea asked as I brushed her brown hair

"Well, my little flower I have to learn stuff so I can graduate and I can make money for you and mommy!" I exclaim and she giggles.

"What's wrong with our money now?" She asks innocently. This isn't my favorite topic to talk about, we don't have much money but Azalea doesn't know that. When she wants something she gets it but it's usually small so we can afford it. But I don't want to tell her that we don't have money, she'll stop asking for things.

"Nothing really sweetie, you want more stuff right?" She nodded fast "Well if I get more money we can get more things than we have, but I would have to see you less. That isn't for a long time though" I said while hugging her.

"I wish I could be prettier" she said casually as she looked her face, pulling on her flat cheeks. I put the brush away quickly and grabbed her hands from her face.

"What do you mean flower?" She shrugged. "Who told you, you needed to be prettier?" I asked, concerned.

"No one Kitty Kat, it's just...you're so pretty and I could never look like you" she said while looking at me through her eyelashes.

I pulled her close "Azalea, you are the prettiest girl I will ever know, you are beautiful on the inside and outside. And I love everything about you. Okay? So don't let me hear those words come out of your mouth again" I assure but scold at the same time. She nodded quickly.

"I'm sorry Kitty Kat"

I smiled at her "it's ok flower" I checked the time on my phone and I realized that it was time for us to go. I grab her bag and usher her to my car, she didn't have go to school yesterday so I didn't take my car. I put her in her seat and we were off.

I walked her in and made sure she was with her three friends before leaving. I had three hours before school started and I was meant to meet Cass at the local cafe for breakfast.

I pulled up and texted him, he was 10 minutes away so I decided to apply my small amount of makeup. I pulled out my liquid eyeliner and began to apply it on my eye, mid-stroke there was a knock on my window. My hand slid past my eye and there was eyeliner on my cheek, I knew it was Cass so I looked over getting ready to scream when it wasn't Cass...it was Jessie.

My eyes widened then softened. I rolled down my window while looking for a napkin to wipe off my unwanted black line. "Hi, I didn't expect to see you" I said she smiled.

"Yeah, Cassian invited me" she says awkwardly, I internally damn Cass for not telling me.

"Oh" was all I said. I stare at the ground and realised that my remark came as rude, "I didn't mean 'oh' as I didn't want you to come it's just he didn't tell me so I didn't expect you" I reassured and she smiled while giving an awkward laugh. "I like to know what's going on" is all I said. I finish my makeup quickly before getting out, Cass texted me to meet him inside so that's what we did.

I saw him sitting at a three person table, we all piled in and invited the warmth of the cafe brought. Cass ordered my usual coffee and English muffin and he apologized that he didn't know what to order Jessie.

We made small talk before leaving for school, Jessie staying close to me, I eyed her but only to look at her features. She's beautiful, I wish I looked like her.