Book Store

"C'mon Azalea, I'm going to be late" I yelled from down the hallway, she trudged and I picked her up, I practically ran out of the front door of our house and put her in her seat.

"Now you know the rules flower, you can sit and color while I work. If you need to use the potty tell me right before you go then go and if you need anything just tell me unless I'm talking to a costumer alright?" I looked at her nodding in the mirror.

She's come to work with me several times and my boss doesn't mind, I work in a tiny book store that people rarely visit. I don't know how I'm still employed but I'm happy I still am.

I rush to Azalea's door and rush her out while walking to the door. I pick her up once more and bring her to her normal coloring table. I wave to Melody, my boss. She smiles to me and waves at Azalea, she digs in the drawers in the counter and brings Azalea her coloring supplies and I hear her thank Melody, I smile.

After about an hour no one comes in (as usual) so I go to sit with Azalea while bringing her a croissant. She colors me a flower while I hear the front door bell ring. "Kat!" I hear Melody scream and I shake my head at her.

I walk to the customer "hi how can I- Jessie?" She looks up and smiles.

"Hi Katarina, I didn't know you worked here" she grins, I nodded.

"Yeah, every Tuesday through Thursday. We don't get much business" I laughed awkwardly. She nods, I let her continue her shopping and I sit with Azalea once more.

Once Jessie was ready to check out I ring her up and she takes her pile of books, she hands me my copy of the receipt with her signature and some numbers. It's her phone number! Oh shit.