In The Trees

"Jessie is going to watch you for a little while okay Azalea? Be good for her and I'll be back in a little bit." I reassured her after she held onto my leg for about 15 minutes.

"Noooo" I groaned. 'This child' I said to myself, then I got an idea.

"Hey Azalea, how about if you let me go I get you something?" She suddenly got up and hugged me.

"Yeah!" She screamed and I smile while shushing her.

"Alright, I'll be back in a little bit alright?" She nodded and practically pushed me out of the door. I laughed all the way to Jessie's car.

I knew my destination before I even thought up another option.

I parked the car on the side of the road and jumped out with my bag that contained a book and my earbuds.

I sighed happily as I fought through the trees that was my getaway. I looked into the grassy field and breathed in the scent of freedom. Freedom from my destructive mom, freedom from responsibility, and freedom from worries.

I loved it here, I immediately laid down in the soft grass and twirled some of the blades in my fingers. I need this.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
On my way home I picked up a small candy bar from the gas station for Azaleas present, she'll love it.

When I walked through the door everything was quiet, too quiet.

I called their names multiple times with no responses. I trudged up the stairs with mild concern, I checked every room except one: Jessie's room.

I took a deep breath and opened the door, what I saw shocked me...
///////////////////////////
I feel bad but not enough...hahaha. The song up top is Trees by Twenty One Pilots and I do not own it so I won't get copyrighted (probably still will tho)
I hope you all are having wonderful days/nights. Love you guys, byee