Mom..?

I was sitting in class, tapping my pencil on the desk mindlessly.

The intercom in the classroom goes off and the secretary requests that I go to the counselors office. My heart almost jumped out of my chest as I gathered my things and handed my notes sheet to Cass so he can take my notes for me. His eyes are soft and a little concerned.

I give him a sad smile and head down the halls that seemed much bigger and longer now.

When I got to his office I saw my mother, no, Amelia is her name, she is no mother of mine. Mothers care for your well being.

"Hello Katarina, have a seat please" the man said and I gulped, holy shit this can't be good.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
"Jessie...we have to move back in with my mother" I said and I finally broke down into her chest.

Her jaw hit the floor and I continued crying, I didn't want to live with that monster and I definitely didn't want Azalea, my little flower, to go through that either.

"Shh Kat, we'll get through this together. You'll be alright, Azalea will be alright and everything's going to be okay sweetie." She reassured me and I just continued crying, not knowing what to say.

"I'm not 18 yet and I can't just move out along with a child, it's not legal and my god Jessie I don't know what to do" I sobbed and she continued to rub my back and shush me.

"We'll figure out something Kat, when do you have to be back?" She asked softly

"Tomorrow, I don't turn 18 for another few weeks" I said, my tears letting up just a little bit.

"I'll do something, trust me. And if all else fails I'll just get my parents to adopt you" she laughed lightly.

"I don't want to be your sister, I want to be your girlfriend" I laughed back.

This is alright, with Jessie I'll be alright.