Money, Money

"Kat come in here please" my mom called, I smile sympathetically at Azalea and I put down the knock-off Barbie doll. I walked into the kitchen with my mom sitting at the table with her fingers crossed.

"Yeah mom?" I asked cautiously.

She raised her eyebrows, "did you tell some girl that we were broke?" She asked angrily. I opened my mouth to say something but only choking sounds came out.

"Mom, I was kidding. She just didn't understand that. How did you know?" I asked while taking a tiny step towards the table.

"I got an envelope with a check for fifty thousand dollars. Katarina you have to give the money back, we can't take this. Tell that girl that we appreciate the offer but we can't take it." I wanted to fight back but I knew she was right. There's no way I can take their money like this. I nodded and went back to Azalea, putting on a fake smile.
                      ****
"Here" I said shoving the check in her face. She looked up and looked back down, pushing the check back to me. "Dude, just take it!" I exclaimed and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry Kat you can't give that back. I voluntarily gave that to you. It's yours now, you need it more than we do. It won't even put a little dent in our account" she explained.

"Jessie, I can't take this! I just can't" I said, trying desperately. She looked up and back down in thought.

"How about I take you and your sister out one day and you guys can spend as much as you want?" I shook my head, I just can't.

"I just can't take your money like that" She shushed me.

"I'm not offering, that's what we're doing. See you Saturday sweetie" she kisses my cheek and walked away.

Well fuck.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I'm sorry for the super late update, I was super busy this weekend and I didn't have time. I'm super tired right now 😂. I hope I didn't disappoint anyone while I was gone. Like I said I'm really sorry. I hope you all are having a fabulous day.
Love you guys. Byee