wonwoo

"Wonwoo? Can't we do something else?" you asked your husband, shifting into a different and slightly more comfortable position on your sofa. "I can't focus on movies right now."

  "Is it the baby?" he replied worriedly, putting one hand on your stomach as he gently played with your hair with the other, your head lying across his lap.

  "Yeah," you pouted, placing a hand on top of his. "I just feel weird, you know? And I am past the due date... What if they come today? Or tomorrow?"

  "Relax," he said, removing his hand from your stomach and taking your hand in his. "Even if they do come, you've got me here."

  "Yeah," you smiled as you looked up at him. He smiled back at you, squeezing your hand lightly. "But now I just really need to shower and sleep," you sighed pulling your head away from Wonwoo's lap as you slowly sat up.

  Before you had even made your way into your apartments hallway you felt it happen. A clear liquid was running down the inside of your thighs and splashing onto the floor.

  "W-Wonwoo?" you shouted hesitantly, looking at the large puddle beneath you.

  "Yeah? What is it?" He turned around to face you. Once he saw what had happened he swung his legs around and jamp over the sofa.

  "Uh, yeah, I was right. They are here."

  "Are you ok? - Well, of course not - um - fuck - should I call an ambulance, or do I take you to the hospital?" Wonwoo who usually stayed relatively quiet babbled on until you walked closer and wrapped your arms around his neck.

  "I love you, but you need to take a breath. Shouldn't I be the one worrying?" you grinned. Throughout the whole pregnancy and basically during anything else, Wonwoo was the one needing to calm you down, but for some reason now you were nowhere near as worried as a few minutes ago. Instead the worry had been replaced with excitement. Finally you would have your child in your arms. The child that you made together with the person you love most. After 9 long months of waiting they were finally here.

☀︎

  Tonight was the first night that you'd be together with both Wonwoo and your child, which was both a worrying and exciting experience.

  The night had been going well until you were rudely awaken by screams coming from the cot at the side of your bed. Well, it was to be expected.

  You immediately jamp up from your bed as soon as you heard the child's cries, but you were pulled back down by Wonwoo who then made his way over to the cot.

  "Don't worry, I'll take care of them, (y/n)," he whispered, gently picking up the baby and slowly rocking them back and fourth in his arms.

  "Welcome to fatherhood," you murmured, a small grin forming on your face. "You better get used to it," you added before rolling into a more comfortable position and falling back asleep.