seungkwan

Soulmate AU where you hear your soulmate sing in your dreams
-
This was slightly inspired by Yuju and Sunyoul's song Cherish, bc I kinda got a soulmate vibe from it, but then I started thinking about pinwheel so I put some in :))

☀︎

  Most people are sad and tired when they wake up, and desperately want to fall back into the welcoming hug of their bed. You want desperately to fall back asleep too, but still, every morning you wake up with a smile, the mystery voice in your dreams helping you start your day.

  The voice wrapped around you like a blanket, hugging you on your hardest days, stuck in your head for hours and hours even when you had important tasks to focus on. It was both powerful and gentle, and dripped with emotion. You could tell easily just how passionate the person behind the voice was about singing The voice was what kept you going everyday. You hoped that one day you'd meet the person. You hoped that they knew you were out there, but soulmates were complicated and it wasn't even a definite that you'd meet them.

  If only you could know that the man sitting only a few meters away, just out of sight to you, spent every night listening to you, and every day repeating the songs you had sung to him the night before. If only the moment hadn't made your mind go completely numb. Then maybe you would have been able to prepare yourself, because you were sure that you had never seen anyone as beautiful in your entire life as the man siting at the table in front of you. He was laughing, his eyes glittering, following his friend as he walked to the bathroom probably. You silently thanked the friend for leaving, because if he didn't you would never have seen this person—no. God they're definitely a god.

  'Go talk to them,' a little voice whispered at the back of your mind, like a gentle hand on your back willing you to go forward.

  'No, no. I can't. What kind of chance do I have with him?' you told yourself, the slightest glint of courage in your eyes vanished almost immediately. 'That guy he's with must be his boyfriend.'

  You escaped from your inner battle, your eyes falling back on the boy. His thumb was aimlessly sliding across his phone and his eyes were glued to the small screen. He didn't see you starting intensely at him, wide eyed and mouth opened.

  He looked to full of concentration as he stared intently at his phone as if, for a moment you thought, he was distracting himself from his surroundings, putting all his energy onto his phone as to not look up for fear of seeing something that of course wouldn't be there if he didn't look.

  You didn't know how long you sat watching him, the battle continuing in your mind, but what you could guess was maybe five minutes passed in a heartbeat, and soon enough the guy's friend returned to his seat, blocking your view and pulling you from your trance.

  You looked down at the plate in front of you. You weren't sure exactly when you had finished your meal, but it was gone. Having already paid, you picked up your belongings and left.

  You couldn't be certain, but as you walked out of the small, almost empty restaurant you could feel what was almost like a light burn on the back of your head and your back. It wasn't at all painful, the feeling lasting only a few seconds. It felt comforting and slightly familiar, like the sun that hit your arms on warm summer days. However, the raindrops racing down the restaurant door told you that that definitely wasn't the case. Before you could put your finger on exactly what the strange feeling was it was gone and you were walking far from the restaurant, pulling your jacket tightly around your body.

☀︎

  If only you could have seen the plainly obvious truth. The word soulmate never crossed your mind that day, the idea only coming to mind as you woke up the next day after hearing him, resulting in endless days of beating yourself up about it. Trapping yourself your room and forcing yourself to sleep, hoping that that the voice will calm you down, give you a shred of hope. 

  Had you blew your chances of ever properly meeting your soulmate? Probably. Or were you just never destined to meet in the first place? There was always a chance, a small part of your mind suggesting, 'what about in the future?'

  How you wanted to believe the little voice.

  You pulled the corner of your duvet up before hopping into your bed, burrowing deep into the covers. Only your head was sticking out so that you could breathe. It was still quite early, 9:30pm, and you weren't quite sure if you were tired or if you just hoped you were, but you were at least going to try and sleep.

  You couldn't be sure how long you lay there impatiently waiting to fall asleep, but eventually you heard a voice. It was soft at first, like they were standing far away from you, but it gradually became louder and louder until you could make out their words.

Feels like time has hidden
And taken you too
Can't I see you?
Sometimes, I get bad thoughts
I start to forget you

But don't cry
It may seem sad
But I'm here
For you
Even if you get lost
And it takes you a while
Come round and round back to me
Even if it's far ahead in the future

  When you woke up the next morning, you knew it was ok. You knew they'd be back.