The not so wicked witch of the East City

Cabba gasped in horror as he stared at his impending doom, Kale looking just as petrified.

Cabba took a step back fearfully. No... why did I let it get this far? I'm such a fool!

Nearby, poor Barry Kahn was trying to garner the attention of Cabba's doom. "Yoohoo! Ladies! Your hero Barry is over here!"

One of the ladies threw a shoe at his head. "Buzz off, whack!"

Barry Kahn whimpered in pain as her high heel hit him square on the forehead. "B-but girls..."

Barry's former fangirls continued to ignore his pleading, menacingly advancing on Cabba (and by extent Kale, who was unfortunately standing next to him).

"Oh my gosh, he's even cuter close up!" one girl squealed, reaching out to pinch one of Cabba's cheeks rather painfully.

"OMG I know right, Val?!"

"I can't believe you got to touch him like that! Save some for us - I want his boxers for my collection!"

"I saw him first!"

One girl, who couldn't have been older than ten, pushed past her older cohorts. "Oh Cabba! Be my boyfriend!" She sounded much like she was faking her affections.

"Val, tell your kid sister to get her claws off my man."

"Your man! Like I said, I saw him first!"

"Did not!"

"I just want his boxers! Do anything to him you want, just give me those boxers!"

Val's sister pouted. "But he's mine!"

"STOP!" shouted Cabba. "I already have a girlfriend."

All the fangirls stared at Cabba in disbelief. Some of them broke down in tears. Val stormed forward. "What?! Who is this hussy? Lemme at her!" She swung her fists wildly in the air, her permed red hair tangling as the other ladies held her back.

Val's sister frowned. Is that why the spell didn't work? If he already has a true love then that explains why he's not all over these girls - the spell didn't affect him!

Val put her hands on her hips. "Well, Cabba?! Who is she?"

Cabba took a deep breath and then looped his arm around Kale's shoulders. "Kale."

"What?!" screamed the fangirls.

"What!" Kale shouted in unison, her face going as red as her shirt.

"What?!" Val's sister cried. True love or not the book said that it affects all girls except the user! Why is she unaffected?! How can this be? Her eyes widened as she realised something. Uh oh... I may have just endangered the entire city. She shot a beam from her hands but nothing happened. Why isn't it working?!

Everyone unaffected by the spell could only look on helplessly as the fangirls all screamed in unison, the sound demonic and twisted. They watched as the crowd of girls erupted into black flames. Faint outlines of their bodies revealed a grotesque transformation. When the fire ceased, Val stood bigger and taller than the others, a pair of curved horns on her heads, her fingers elongated and clawed. Her eyes were completely black and she was now attired in a dress suitable for the demon she now was. Behind her, all the other girls had gone through similar transformations, becoming smaller variations of Val.

Cabba stared up at them. "Oh, shoot."

xXx

Hours ago...