Peculiar things

"Hu?" Chaya muttered as she landed the space-copter. "All my missions were cancelled?"

At the back of the copter, Cody had thrown up three times from ingesting the solution that Chaya had given him. The entire place stunk of old vomit and it was a wonder how the saiyan had flown back without passing out.

Cody let out a small moan as Chaya picked him up to take him to the medical bay. In retrospect, taking Cody to Xandonia's moon was probably not the best idea she had ever had. But it was done, and now she had to deal with the (disgusting) consequences.

After she had cleaned up, she headed to the office of the Chief Distributor. His job was what his name implied - he distributed assignments to every soldier within the system and only responded directly to Kafara herself. She knocked on the Chief Distributor's office door before entering.

"I've been expecting you," said the Chief Distributor, who was in the middle of going through some files. On his stumpy nose rested a small pair of glasses. "You must be wondering why I nixed all your assignments. The reason is because you've been given a very special assignment."

"Oh? What kind of assignment? Enlighten me."

"Before I do that, Kafara wants me to pass a message onto you: Don't take the zoorian out again without her permission. Also, she thanks you for killing the Commandant. It saved her the trouble of doing it herself. The man really was quite annoying."

"Right. So what's my new mission?"

The Chief Distributor adjusted his glasses and read aloud from a hologram. "Ah, let's see here... Kafara has recently acquired a new prisoner working against the Empire and requests your assistance in guarding him."

Chaya raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Is he dangerous?"

"From what I've gathered, no. Not physically anyway; his power is a mere 150,000. But the man apparently possesses important knowledge and Kafara wants to keep him as," he cleared his throat, "a hostage for negotiation."

"Tch. Should have figured. Very well, I accept the mission."

"You didn't really have a choice."

Chaya pointedly ignored the Chief's correction. "Where is he being held?"

"On Prison Ship 2, Cell 14."

Prison Ship 2 was one of the adjoining ships connected to the main vessel, where all the soldiers and other staff resided. Like its cousins Prison Ships 1 and 3, it held criminals that had been declared threats to Kafara's constantly growing empire.

"Alright. I suppose I'll be guarding him all around the clock?"

"You'll be informed of breaks while on duty since Lady Kafara has not set any schedule for you, nor has she ordered me to set you one. Best of luck, Captain. Expect one of your squad members every now and then to replace you. The prisoner should be perfectly contained by now so I suggest you go down there now to attend to your duties."

Chaya nodded and saluted him, a gesture which involved folding her forearm over the area where her heart beat. "I won't let the Empire down."

When she left, the Chief Distributor glanced down at the prisoner's file. "Whoops, I forgot a few details. Gah... Must be my old age. I wonder how she'll cope when she discovers Lady Kafara has taken one of her own kind prisoner?" He squinted at the lettering. "Reeennsooo... Renso. Renso. Huh. Funny name, he's got."

xXx

"Oh, this is just peachy!" Bulma squawked, flailing her arms around as she searched for her notes. "Goddammit Vegeta, where did you put them?!" She had slept the entire night away and it was now early in the morning.