Let's fly to the moon

Caulifla chewed on a stalk of grass as she observed Mount Paozu in the evening from the roof of her temporary home. Fireflies were scattered around the rocks, giving the place a whimsical feel. Crickets chirped in a cacophony, the sound rising and falling on occasion. Up in the sky, a crescent moon smiled down on the earth.

She thought back to the events of earlier today, how she had accidently flashed Goku and poor innocent Goten (and Pan). How could she be so careless? There were things that a person would never forget in their lifetime and for Caulifla this was one of them. She sighed, her face flushing slightly as the memory replayed itself in her head. Goten's outburst, though saving her from further embarrassment, made it all the more worse.

Just how was she going to face Goku tomorrow? Was the question that circled her mind. I'll just have to soldier on. Frost always did say I was a good soldier. Fat lot of good that did.

She grimaced slightly as the Arcorsian became the new focus of her thoughts. A scar on the back of her neck tingled as she recalled to herself how she had gotten it. It was an ugly thing. Some scars were beautiful, because they represented or were the outcome of beautiful things. The mark on her neck only served to remind her of shame and whatnot.

Caulifla pushed Frost out of mind and imagined her protégée, Kale, and her reluctant new friend, Cabba. She knew that they were on earth but she had been too busy training to pay them any mind. Her heart worried for Kale, but she knew that Cabba was more than capable of protecting her. It wasn't as if she physically weak - it was her mind that was frail, her psyche filled with all sorts of insecurities.

Her friends were now in the air, she realized. And heading straight toward her. They were still far away and if they continued their leisurely pace, they would arrive in about an hour. A smile played on Caulifla's lips as she played out their reunion in her head, one which would consist of her hugging Kale and telling her that she was proud of her and subsequently smacking a Cabba upside the head for not doing a good enough job of looking after her. Kale would then protest meekly against Caulifla and ask Cabba if he was okay. The latter would nod while clutching his head and she, Caulifla, would be laughing as the exchange happened.

I miss you Kale. She spat out the stalk of grass she had been chewing and crossed her arms underneath her head. It's a beautiful night. Are you seeing this too Kale? Are you looking up at the same moon as I am? I hope you are. Or maybe you're too busy keeping Cabba in check. I wouldn't blame you for that. I felt his power grow exponentially today. Has he unlocked a new super saiyan form?

Her eyes widened in alarm as she realized something. All the earth fighters simply must know we're here! If so, why aren't they doing anything against a 'saiyan invasion'? She relaxed slightly. It's because we're not causing any trouble. Is that right? Does that mean earth is a safe haven for those seeking a sanctuary? Planet Earth was certainly a peaceful, placid place, more so than Planet Sadala ever was. Sadala had been ravaged by superpower wars in the past, back when nobody except for her knew that it was Frost causing and resolving all the trouble. He hadn't bought their planet in the end as he saw the saiyans as potential playthings. How terrible it had felt as she was forced to idly stand by while her brethren went to war. She would have revealed the truth kicking and screaming - but she had been bound by a Warrior's Honor. The code had made her virtually helpless. Tch. Only fools would follow that code. I see that now. There is no honor in subjecting yourself to slavery for the sake of a life debt. And as for me... I only trade in favors. Nothing more, nothing less.

Caulifla went on the alert as she felt Goku leave his home and travel up the mountain to where she was. What does he want? She glared at the night sky. This better not be about earlier today or I will castrate him.