Strings

"One more!" howled Champa, hunching over. "One more time!"

Vados sighed, exasperated. "Really, Lord Champa, it's truly wonderful that you've become so committed to this but please do not overwork yourself. You don't want all that hard work to go to waste with all those pulled muscles you're bound to get, do you?"

The two were currently occupying a training room which Champa had ordered Vados to create for the purpose of exercising. There were a godly amount of workout equipment inside, including a treadmill which they had gotten from earth. Champa had just finished running for hours on end on that very same treadmill.

"I don't care!" Champa hissed, wiping the sweat on his forehead off with the back of his hand. "That bastard Beerus has been making fun of me again. I'll show him... fucking anorexic dickhead."

"Language, Lord Champa."

"Hrr, shut up, Vados!" His legs wobbled as he stumbled off the treadmill. "I'm hungry. Make me a snack."

But Vados shook her head. "No snacks for you, Lord Champa." She produced a green smoothie which she had kept in her staff dimension. "And before you start complaining, it was you who ordered me to put you on a strict diet."

"But I - "

"Eating twenty nine pork chops instead of thirty does not count as dieting, Lord Champa."

"Vados - "

"Neither is drinking two of earth's 'Coca-Cola's instead of three."

"JUST LET ME SPEAK, DAMMIT!" Huffing, he snatched the smoothie from Vados and started slurping it, his nose scrunching in disgust as if he had just swallowed an expired cube of cheese.

"Did you have something to say, Lord?"

Champa spluttered before glaring angrily at Vados. "Now look what you've made me do! I forgot what I was going to say." Suddenly, Champa clutched his heart. "V-Vados..."

Vados instantly straightened, ignoring the tugging feeling she felt in her navel. Her eyes widened in alarm. Though it seemed like Champa was entering cardiac arrest, Vados knew that this wasn't the case. All she could do was curse their own foolishness as Champa convulsed one last time and she entered her sleep mode, frozen until the next God of Destruction took Champa's place.

Behind their backs, while they were busy obsessing over Champa's new diet, the Supreme Kai of Universe 6 had been killed.

Light years away, in a world once sacred, the decapitated head of Supreme Kai Fuwa rolled on the ground before coming to a stop as a result of friction. A black sludge enveloped the head, devouring the remaining flesh until only a skull remained. A few yards away lay the skeleton Fuwa's attendant, still donned in his maroon and purple gi, his tall hat tucked underneath his remains.

"Too easy," Kafara snorted. "What were they thinking, life linking the God of Destruction with a weakling like him?" She flicked her wrist and the black sludge returned to her body. A glow surrounded her as refreshing godly energy filled her body, extracted from the dead Kais.

Then she was gone, as if she had never been.

But the skeletons of two Kais told otherwise.

xXx

Son Goku was not the type of person to plan things methodically. He was the type that relied solely on his battle instinct and charged in guns blazing. So when his hand was forced to take a more methodical approach, one might say he was far, far away from his comfort zone.