I care (mute AU)

Y'all wanted  it so here it is (sorry for switching pov's so much)

TRIGGER  ⚠ WARNING: self-harm, and suicide attempts stop reading if you are uncomfortable with that,now that thats out of the way lets get started

(3rd person pov)

Veronica walked into school,The busy hallways were packed with all the different kids, Jocks on one side,  druggies on the other, popular girls spreading rumours on one end and freshmen straight out of middle school huddled together in the corner it was all the same, Just another year and she glad it was going to be her last.  She put her things in her locker and walked to class, AP English. She sat down in the back corner of the class and started to write in a small notebook she had, kids had started to walk into the class, all the usual "smart" or "geeky" kids but out of the corner of her eye  Veronica saw her, Heather Chandler.

(Veronica's pov)

I couldn't believe my eyes, Heather Chandler taking an advanced class with the very same kids she mocks, I stared as the blond sat right in the front of the class, even after she took her  I found my eyes glued to her. After a while the bell rang and I snapped out of my trance, the teacher stepped in to the front of the class to begin rolecall, she began to list of the names and a simple "here! " was the given response. she finally got to me "Veronica Sawyer" She said, I raised my hand and said nothing "oh good" I thought  "another teacher that I have t explain to that I don't talk". After that she began the lesson, I  looked down at my notebook and started to write things down,  anything that popped i to my head I wrote down. After what seemed like forever the bell finally rang, I was one of the first ones to bolt out of there. As I walked down the hallway I heard a familiar voice call out to me "Hey ronnie!" I turned around to see Martha Dunstock,  I smiled "hey" I signed

(Chandlers pov)

I walked down the halls to meet Duke and Mac, as I walked I saw her, Veronica. I had to admit she was weird and a nerd but she was.... attractive, as I stared at her I noticed that she was doing  something with her hands. "hey Heather!" I turned around to see duke. We talked for a bit but my mind was over at what Veronica was doing "so anyway,..... Heather are you even listening?" duke asked her tone suggesting that she was slightly offended "yeah yeah, just ummm what is she doing" they looked over at Veronica  "signing, you using sign language. You do know she doesn't talk right?" duke said "wait what? " "yeah,  I grew up around sign language so.....  Yeah" duke said with a shrug. I looked at her "so you know sign language?" I asked, duke nodded. "teach me"

(a few weeks later)

(Veronicas pov)

'dear diary, I joined the Heather's a few weeks ago. I hate it.  There dicks to everyone and are over all super bitchy, there is an upside though, Heather Chandler, I don't know what it is about her she just perfect....... What the hell am I saying' I put my pencil down and looked  out the window of my class, it was  nice outside, I sighed  "y-yeah p-perfect" I mumbled to myself. As the last class of the day let out I made my way to my locker and quickly grabbed my stuff and ran out the door

(Heather's POV)
I didn't see Veronica the next day,  I tried calling her but she wouldn't pick up. I was a bit on edge that day. Class let out and I hopped in my car and dove over to Veronicas house. The door was unlocked so I went in "Veronica? You here? " I asked as I walked up the stairs to her room, I heard faint crying from inside. I knocked on the door "Veronica!? Are you ok??" I said the  nervousness coming through in my voice."H-Heather?  W-what are y-you d-doing h-here g-get out!" She said, this was my first time hearing her voice,it was beautiful but it sounded shakey. After a minute or two of trying I managed to get the door opened as I entered I immediately saw Veronica pull down the sleeve of her hoodie so you couldn't see her arm "H-Heather g-get o-out!" she said her eyes were red and puffy. "I'm not leaving, not until I get an explanation!" I yelled, she looked at me "t-theres n-nothing t-to e-explain..... I-I'm fine."  she kept looking at me, "that's bullshit and you know it!  I'm not stupid! If your really fine.... Show me your arms" I said, I didn't wait for an answer, I got down on my knees and pulled up her sleeve. Up her entire arm were scares some were faded but most of them looked only a few days old the ones that caught my eye the most were the ones that were still wet with blood. Veronica was visibly nervous and quickly pulled her arm away "what the hell Veronica!?" as soon as I said that it all clicked "You.....  You were going to kill yourself weren't you....?  That why you didn't come to school today", Veronica started crying a bit again "y-yeah, s-so w-what? Y-you d-don't c-care! N-no o-one d-does! Y-you would forget a-about m-me r-right a-after t-the F- funeral" before she could say anything  else  I cut her off With a kiss, I pulled away "Veronica listen to me, so many people care, your parents care,  your friends care,  I care!" I said my voice becoming shaky , Veronica  suddenly pulled me into a hug "H-heather...  Thanks"