rookie (part 1)

Alright so this is kinda based off the musical newsies,basically heres the gist of it.

Veronica had a dysfunctional home life so she ran away, she stole stuff went to jail got out and became a newsie to support herself along the the way she meets mac and duke who become her friends, the eventually find a place that sorta houses newsies and they stay there. Heather got kicked out of her home and went out to find a  job and she of course became a newsie. Anyway on to the fanfic
-----------------------------------------------------------
Veronica woke up at around 5:30 in the morning, she looked around to see  young boys and girls sleeping around her,  she hoped down from her old slightly broken bed "rise and shine assholes" she yelled as she began buttoning up her shirt there was a large groan as kids got up " geez Ronnie just cuz you get up in the unholy early hours of the day doesn't mean we have to" a young blonde girl said as she rubbed the sleepy away from her eyes " listen mac if you want to go back to sleep be my guest but don't come crying to me when you don't got money "  Veronica  looked at herself in the mirror, she wore a dirty white button-up shirt, a flat cap, brown pants and suspenders, she put her shoes on over her mismatch socks. Veronica and mac walked down the stairs and out the door "hey wait up! " the girls turned around to see a girl with long black hair "why didn't you idiots wake me up?!" "we would have but you looked so peaceful " Veronica teased causing duke to punch her in the arm. They walked to buy the news papers they would be selling, the place was crowded with kids and teenagers with their bags ready to sell papers, it was so crowded  that veronica almost didn't see someone pass by her, almost,  "hey you! " veronica called causing the pale strawberry blonde girl that had walked passed turn around, she was pretty really pretty,  Veronica couldn't help but stare for a second before coming back to reality "How come I ain't never seen you before"  The brunette asked "Maybe because I'm new" the girl said in a snarky tone "alright what's your name rookie?" "Heather,  Heather Chandler " she said "alright Chandler, I'm Veronica Sawyer but you can call me your new partner " Veronica smiled "wait who said anything about that!?" Chandler asked "I did. Now listen you have a cute face,  cute sells, if we work together we can make millions and split it  60/40, do we have a deal? " "50/50" "what? " Veronica looked at Chandler  "we split 50/50 or me and my 'cute face' work alone" she smirked, Veronica thought about it for a moment "alright, you got a deal" Veronica spat on her hand and outstretched it, Chandler looked at it "that's disgusting" she said before reluctantly doing the same, Heather walked off to get her papers Veronica smiled as she walked away  "wow Ronnie you're so in love" Mac said from behind Veronica  "w-what? No I'm not" Veronica said defensively " yes you are" mac smirked, cleared her throat and did her best impression of Veronica " oh Chandler let's go deliver papes together we could hold hands and then at night we can go make my bed more broke than it already is~" duke snickered and joined in " please Veronica my Knight in shining armor I love it when you act so dominant" she said imitating Chandler, both mac And Duke busted out laughing, Veronica turned a shade of red that no one had ever seen her turn, she grabbed a newspaper from her bag rolled it up and smacked them upside the head twice with it "oww! What was that for" "the first one was for talking like that, the second one is cuz I wanted to "

-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm definitely going to continue this so be ready