hanahaki disease (1)

Love sucks...
---------------------------------------------------------
The Hanahaki Disease is one anyone is at risk of contracting. When love blooms in a person’s heart, a feeling of suffocating fullness takes over their being and will only stop if their love is reciprocal. Should a certain amount of time, which varies depending on the passion’s intensity, pass, then the Hanahaki Disease officially installs itself.

When love blossoms, it literally does so, as actual flowers grow in the one stricken by the disease’s heart, migrating to their lungs. When it reaches the lungs is when a patient can be diagnosed with Hanahaki Byou.

There are three stages of the disease:

The petal phase, in which flower petals are coughed by the patient.

The flower phase, in which whole flowers are coughed and/or vomited by the patient. It occurs when the unrequited love deepens, causing the flowers to bloom freely. It can be quite severe and tiring. Chances of it being healed naturally are now quite slim for the one who’s diagnosed with stage-two Hanahaki Byou.

The bouquet phase, in which the patient vomits full bouquets of flowers. If the unrequited love only deepens and the feeling is not mutual for long enough, the third phase starts. Few people are struck by this extreme stage of the pathology. It is deadly and the changes of survival of the patient are very slim. As a full bouquet of flowers can be too much for the body to eliminate, it can get stuck in one’s respiratory tract, usually the trachea, blocking it completely and suffocating the patient. If they do not obtain medical help during one of those blockages, it would lead to obit.

A rare phase occurs in which flowers begin to bloom painfully from the skin. They split the skin, growing anywhere, even in the eyes.

There are only two cures.

Either the love is fully requited, or surgery must be done to remove the vines and flowers from the lungs and ribs. If surgery is performed, the patient looses all feeling for whom they got the disease in the first place.

Chandler felt a in her throat as she watched from afar as Veronica kiss JD, every second the spent together felt like another second off Chandler's life span, as the pair continued their interaction Chandler went into a fit of coughs,she looked at what she had coughed up "petals?" Chandler stared in disbelief "umm Heather are you ok"  Mac asked with genuine concern in her voice " I'm fine" Chandler hissed before getting up and running to the bathroom, she leaned over the sink and vomited, the crimson blood that feel along with the blue petals Stained the pearly white sink "what the hell is going on?" She thought, she kept spitting out petals for what seemed like forever until someone came into the bathroom, or rather two people who, and the clicking of heals indicated exactly who they were  " Heather we came to check up on y-" Mac and Duke stopped as Soon as they saw blood, Mac quickly shook off the shock and ran to Chandler side , Duke stayed back " oh no... This... This isn't good" She said " no shit Sherlock! I don't think coughing up flowers would be a good thing!" Chandler managed to yell out in between coughing. Chandler finally stopped vomiting and sat down on the hard tile floor of the bathroom with Mac softly stroking her hair " have you heard of Hanahaki disease?" Duke spoke and stared at the ground "the hell is Hanahaki disease?"  Duke gulped "well it's really rare but in cases of one-sided love it'll make flowers  start blooming in your lungs making you unable to breath" Duke looked up at Chandler and saw an emotion that she had never seen on Chandler's face, Fear, "is there a cure?!?" " Two, Either you get the other person to reciprocate your feelings or, you can get surgery, but that can take away your feelings for that person or take away your ability to love" there was silent in the room "so what you're saying is that, I either get them to fall in love with me or.... I'm fucked" Duke nodded "lovely"