Chapter LIII Kains P.O.V

She said things that made me worry about whether or not she actually was coming back.
It's been a few hours and I am beginning to think she didn't plan on coming back.
My feet carry me out of the kitchen and onto the front porch so I can sit on the porch and wait on her.
I take my seat and I look towards the driveway waiting to see my angels bright green eyes.
That's when I see her helmet sitting in the middle of the driveway...

I stand and rush to the helmet.
My shaky hands lean down and pick it up.
When it's in my hands a piece of paper drops from it and lands in the driveway...
My heart begins to pound against my ribcage...
I slowly open the note and see sloppy writing then could only be Noels...

I know this isn't what you wanted to see Kain...
You want to see me smiling up at you and telling you I had solved everything on my own.
That there are no more problems...
But the truth is I can't let you get hurt.
I can't let anyone get hurt because of my problems.
This isn't something I can solve on my own.
I won't let you or anyone else get hurt because of my mistakes...

My hands are shaking as I read the words.
She can't solve this on her own?
Then where is she?

I love you so fucking much Kain.
This is the only way I can make sure you stay alive.
I may not come back tonight...
Infact I may not come back ever...

I sob rakes though my body as I throw a hand over my mouth trying to silence it...
She can't do this...
Not now.
Not after everything we have been through together...

Kain I know you feel betrayed.
I know you are mad I lied and walked slowly into my death, but I need you to know that no matter what I will always love you.
No matter if I am dead or alive I need you to know I will always love you.
All the happy times we shared will be forever etched in my heart forever.
I promised you my heart and you promised me yours.
No matter what you hold my heart...
This note is me handing back yours so you can move on Kain...
I fucking love you so god damned much and doing this is the only way I know that you will stay alive.
I can't let you get hurt protecting me from my mistakes...
From now on I need you to hold yourself up Kain.
I won't be there to make sure you make good choices.
I won't be there to show you the better side of life, but I need you to try and be the guy I know.
The boy you were before your parents died was slowly coming out and I don't want you to shut down again because of me.