28.

I felt terrible. 

I paced back and forth in the largest section of the ship, which so happened to be where all the cells were located. I sighed heavily and slumped my shoulders, shaking my head in the process. I regretted what I had said to the Autobots earlier, about them leaving. Granted, they had every right to leave. After everything humans had done, I wouldn't blame them. 

Was it selfish to ask them to stay? To ask Optimus to stay? Probably, and that's why I felt terrible. 

With a loud cry, I kicked a stray piece of metal, sending it flying across the large open space before it crashed to the ground in a loud metallic clang. I released a loud, heavy breath and sat down on the floor, crossing my legs and resting my chin in the palm of my hand. It wasn't long until metal footsteps echoed down the corridor from the cockpit of the ship. I didn't bother turning around to see who it was, I already knew. I saw the familiar blue and red pedes stop in the corner of my vision, his presence only making me feel more anxious. Silence followed afterwards leaving an awkward tension between us. "You have every right to be mad..." Optimus spoke first, his tone soft but sad. I turned my head to look up at him, noticing that his bright blue optics had turned a darker shade, and that they were casted down in a guilty expression. "What I said was out of line, and I understand if I upset you".

I shook my head as the corner of my lip twitched upwards slightly "I guess I do have a right to be mad, but I was out of line too. That part about this all being your fault...it's not. It's our fault, as in humanity. We screwed things up bad this time, the relationship between Autobots and humans was perfect before the Battle of Chicago and now look where we are" I mumbled, shrugging my shoulders in the process. Optimus vented loudly and folded his arms over his chestplate "I guess we both have things we regret saying" he chuckled softly, turning his gaze to my sitting form. I chuckled with him and nodded my head, deciding to stand up and face the Prime. With a small guilty smile, I looked up at him "I'm sorry..." I mumbled quietly, it was still loud enough for Optimus to hear.

The mech's mouthplate twitched upwards into a kind smile, as he knelt down and held out his servo. I rolled my eyes playfully as I carefully stepped onto his awaiting palm, he then lifted my up to optic height, staring down at me with kind optics. "I too am sorry..." he spoke softly, "...The Seed is a dangerous weapon from my world, and it scares me to think of what it could do to yours" he explained, his expression turning serious. I placed my hand on his cheek, causing Optimus's gaze to refocus on me "Then let's stop it, together. I can't stop you from leaving, but at least help us get The Seed back, and then you can decide what to do from there" I told him, giving him a reassuring smile. Optimus remained silent for a while, his optics flickering from side to side in an obvious mental debate. My expression fell in silent disappointment, as I folded my arms over my chest once more "Like I said, if you want to leave you can, it's your decision" I told him, now turning my gaze away and falling into silence once more. 

In that moment of silence, I couldn't tell what Optimus was thinking. He was so silent, and probably conflicted on what he should do. Should he leave, and let the human race sort out their own problems? Or should he stay, and reclaim The Seed before it causes any more damage? He turned towards his charge, and his optics softened. He couldn't sense how she was feeling, but he knew she was disappointed in him, and his decision to leave. His mind thought back to the moment when he first met Y/n, and a smile tugged at the corners of his mouthplate. She had so much hope, so much faith in him, and never had he felt more loved by any being in existence. But now, he began to wonder if that spark between them had gone out. He felt his spark tug in sadness and longing, hoping that that spark that was once there could be reignited again. 

Lifting his free servo, Optimus placed a digit underneath Y/n's chin, lifting her head so that she stared up at him. Her (eye/colour) eyes sparkled in the light reflecting from the ships walls, and never had he felt his spark clench in so much adoration before. A genuine smile formed on the Prime's faceplate as he stared down at his charge "I'll stay..." he told her, watching her eyes widen in shock, "...I'll stay until we have retrieved The Seed, but then I must leave in order bury it somewhere deep within the galaxy" he informed his expression remaining warm and kind. Y/n began to laugh softly and shook her head in amusement, leaving the blue and red mech before her. "Was that a pun?" she asked, "Considering its called 'The Seed', and you said you would leave to 'bury it somewhere deep within the galaxy'?" she giggled, covering her mouth with her hand to try and stifle her laughter. Optimus thought for a minute, not completely understanding what she meant...until it finally hit him. Rolling his optics and letting out a deep chuckle of his own, Optimus nodded his helm "Yes, I suppose it was" he admitted proudly. 

Before the two could really appreciate the pun being made, fast approaching footsteps approached from down the corridor. Out of the corridor emerged Crosshairs, who motioned his helm back towards the cockpit "We've found Bumblebee, their headed to a train yard not far from here, we're gonna meet them there" he announced, before quickly spinning around and jogging back towards the cockpit.

Optimus turned towards Y/n, who was in turn staring at him with a knowing look. "Come on, let's get this over with" she announced, motioning her head to where Crosshairs once stood. Nodding his helm in agreement, Optimus set off towards the cockpit at a slow jog, preparing himself to tell his comrades about his decision.