Chapter 16

^^^Yay for Liam and Niall!
-------

Zayn and I have been sitting in silence as he drives and I can't handle it. I can feel him judging me. "Just stop." Zayn jumps not expecting me to talk. I laugh at his reaction.

"You want me to stop driving?" Zayn glances over at me and then looks back at the road.

"What? No. I want you to stop judging me."

"Charlotte, you have seen me at my absolute worst. Why would I judge you?" Zayn says sincerely.

"I get the feeling that you don't like Niall." I pause and Zayn looks at me to continue. "Niall and I aren't together. I don't know why he kissed me."

"He kissed you to make me jealous. I think he is an amazing surgeon, but the guy is a tool."

"He knows that you and I are friends. He also knows that I will only be friends with him. Why do you think he is a tool?"

"He is constantly flirting with every nurse and doctor that is available. I see him with a new girl every week. You are too good for him." Zayn keeps looking straight ahead. I hate how serious he is being.

"What's wrong with flirting? I remember you being quite a lady's man back in the day." I smirk when zayn glances over at me.

"I was in college and having fun." Zayn then mumbles something under his breath, but I don't catch it. "I just worry that you will get your heart broken again. I told you that Chad was a bad guy."

"Don't worry about me. I know how Niall is. That's why we are only friends. As for Chad, he wasn't that bad of a guy. When it came down to it, I wasn't what he wanted." I know Chad is a jerk, but I have this nagging feeling that I wasn't good enough for him. If only I was prettier and more fun.

"You are what every guy wants. Trust me." I blush as Zayn says this. I hope he doesn't want to be more than friends.

"I don't think that's true, but thanks." I can't stop myself from thinking that if this were true then Niall wouldn't be sleeping with Melanie or any other girls.

"You clearly don't see yourself." Zayn pauses for a second and then gets a huge smile on his face. "I am going to tell you whenever a guy checks you out today."

I bust out laughing. "Zayn, please don't!"

"Where do you want to eat? I was thinking IHOP? I want pancakes." I laugh at Zayn's suggestion. Eating at IHOP brings back a ton of memories.

"I haven't eaten there since the morning after you and Dawson got me wasted the night of graduation. IHOP it is!"

"Do you remember anything from that night?" I laugh, but shake my head no. "Oh man. I'm surprised you didn't pass out. I had to help you walk out of the party. Dawson was so pissed that I let you get that drunk. He just barely forgave me for that. "

"Wait, that's why you guys were fighting? I totally thought it was about a girl." I laugh at the thought of Zayn helping me walk.

Zayn coughs softly and says, "there were a couple of reasons why we were fighting. You getting drunk was just one of them."

"Are you going to tell me the other reasons?" Dawson and Zayn have always been close, so the fact that they fought for almost three months makes me wonder what the reasons were.

"Dawson should probably tell you." Zayn says while trying to cover up the fact that he is nervous.

"Why are you nervous?" Zayn's eyes widen which make me laugh. "I know I haven't really seen you since May, but I have known you since high school. I know when you are nervous."