Chapter 43

He looks so good in this picture. It's ridiculous.

---

Charlotte P.O.V

"Hello?" I croak into my phone.

"Beth just called me. She is worried sick about you. She told me that you and Niall broke up. Are you okay?" Dawson asks and I can just picture him pacing back and forth.

"I'm fine. Life moves on." I sigh, trying to ignore the pain.

"Are you moving on?" I hate that Dawson is worried. "Let's get dinner tonight. We can go to your favorite steak place."

"If I agree will you stop worrying?" I don't want to go anywhere though.

"Yes. I need to check on my baby sister." Dawson sounds a little less worried.

"Fine I will go. Meet me at six at the bar." I hang up before he can say or ask me anything else.

I have been laying in bed for the last two weeks and I know its time for me to move on. I look around the familiar studio apartment above the bar. I think it is for the best if I just pretend that the last four months didn't happen. It will be easier, then to sit here and wonder why Niall kept the truth from me for so long. I can't sit here and think about how he loved me. He never told me, but I could see it in his eyes. He did love me, but he loves Brooke more. Still after all this time, after all the heartache, he still chooses her. She doesn't care about him, but I do. Well did. I can't be someone's second choice.

I wipe my tears away and decide that its time. I grab my phone and ignore all fifty-seven phone calls and texts from Louis and Harry. I need a clean break from Niall and that means putting space in between me and two of my best friends. I will call them eventually, but for now this is what I need. It hurts to ignore them, almost as much as it hurts to miss Niall. Harry and Louis have came to my apartment a couple times, but I ignored them. They banged on the door and called out to me, but each time they gave up.

Beth and Jake come and check up on me. Beth thinks I'm starving myself, but everytime I eat I get sick. Jake makes sure that I don't sneak any drinks. Niall told him that I was an alcoholic and need to be watched, which I'm not. I was close to it, but before it got bad I moved to Niall's.

It doesn't matter though. Today is a new day and I'm going to get up and get ready. I'm going to work today. Today is the day that I start moving on. I can do this!

It takes me an hour to shower and get ready. All of my clothes are loose on me. I don't look any skinnier so I don't know why my clothes are big. I just grab a belt and wear the smallest shirt I can find. I look at myself in the mirror one last time. My eyes are dull and even though I have slept a ton, I have bags under my eyes. My skin is a little pale, but other then that I look good.

I walk downstairs and see Jake and some guy at the bar. Jake looks up and smiles at me.

"How are you feeling today?" Jake stares at me closely.

"Better then I have been. Can I work today?" I don't try to smile, because I know Jake will see through it.

"Of course! Do you want your old schedule back?" Jake smiles at me.

"Yes please! Well more night shifts would be nice. Got to make as much money as possible." I surprising smile when Jake throws an apron at my head.

"Charlotte this is Chad. Chad this is Charlotte." Jake introduces me to the other guy.

"Great name," I hold back my laugh.

"You know, I have only gotten one other compliment about my name and it was at this bar. That's just crazy." This Chad guy says and I chuckle. He seems a little weird.