chapter 48

^^I need one of these haha

---
Charlotte P.O.V

Niall grabs my hand and pulls me outside. It's early May so the weather is perfect. It isn't hot, but it isn't cold either. We quietly walk hand in hand for awhile. I love that we can just be together. We don't always have to be talking or doing a whole lot.

As we walk I look out at the land Niall owns. I know I told him to sell this place, but I'm glad he isn't. I love being able to come outside and have this view. I can just picture little kids running around. As this thought crosses my mind I stop walking and shake my head. Niall looks over at me and smirks.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks, sounding genuinely interested.

"Ah, I just, I just love this land. I'm glad you aren't selling it." There is no way I'm telling him about the kid thought.

"Aren't you glad that I don't always listen to you?" Niall smiles at me.

"This might be the first and only time." I laugh and then ask, "how far are we going to walk?"

"Just a little bit further and then we can turn back. I am enjoying us being alone. " Niall pulls me a little closer to him.

"Did you have fun with the guys?"

"Meh. It was wedding planning stuff. It was horrible. Also I don't understand why they don't get married in England. That's where all of their families are." I laugh as Niall complains. "If we get married, can we just get married on a beach somewhere?"

"Sure Niall," I laugh. I mean we could. My family, except for Dawson, won't be invited.

We walk a little further and then Niall stops and smiles at me. I smile back, but he keeps looking at me. It's like he is waiting for something to happen. I look around and realize where we are.

"This is the first place I kissed you, well technically not the first place, but it was the first time I kissed you, because I wanted to. You were standing here in the snow. Even though I was making your life a living hell you were still happy. You looked amazed as you watched the snow." Niall smiles at me.

"That kiss made me so mad. You had been so mean and then you gently kissed me. I didn't want to admit it, but even then I felt a spark between us." I smile at the memory.

"I couldn't get you out of my head. I was always thinking about you. I was fighting the urge to kiss you, but in that moment I couldn't fight it anymore." Niall laughs at the thought. "I did not want to like you. I tried so hard not to."

"Ha everybody loves me!" I give Niall's hand a squeeze.

"Yes we do. You make it pretty easy. Louis and Harry loved you instantly. It made me jealous. I hated the friendship you had with them. It got to the point that I would figure out different ways to keep them away from you." Niall looks away embarrassed. "Then I started to crave your touch and your kisses. I would find ways to bring Beth around so you would have to act like my girlfriend."

"You little sneak! I'm glad you did though. When we pretended to be dating that's when I saw the real you. The small glimpses I got of you being nice was worth all the heartache." It sounds crazy, but it's true.

"I don't understand how you are so kind and forgiving. I was an arse most of the time. Having sex with other girls and making sure you would walk in on it. How did you put up with it?" Niall looks at me with curiosity.

"Do you remember that patient you lost, the one who was pregnant and had to have brain surgery?" Niall nods his head yes. "You were so upset about it. You made things personal and you cared for that family. I realized then that you weren't a selfish jerk. I didn't want to like you either, but I was drawn to you. You have this way of making me feel like the most important person in this world."