Chapter 40

Here is one of the greatest videos for you all, but stop at 1:35. After that it isn't funny haha.

---
"What are you doing here?" I say sounding annoyed.

"I came to warn Niall about you." Why is she the devil?

"Are you kidding me Brooke? I think someone should have warned Niall about you."

"Oh they did, but he didn't listen. That's why I'm here. I know exactly what kind of girl you are. You are young and excited about the future. Niall is a surgeon who makes lots of money. He clearly has a screwed up past when it comes to love and that excites you."

"Nothing about his past excites me. I want his past to stay in the past." I glare at Brooke as she glares at me.

"I was once intrigued by the future Niall could give me. I loved how sweet he was. His boyish eyes gave every emotion he was feeling away. They still do. Niall needs someone just as sweet. You and I are exactly the same. You will get bored and eventually leave." Brooke pushes past me and walks into the house.

"You couldn't be more wrong. I lo- I like him a lot." Did I almost say I love him?

Brooke turns around and smiles while saying, "I don't understand what he sees in you."

"You just said we are the same. So you must not see what he once saw in you." How could Niall ever like her?

"Once saw? Don't fool yourself. He would come back to me in a heartbeat if I asked. Should we test my theory? Let's see if he chooses you or me." Brooke smirks and walks further into the house.

"How about you leave and never come back?" I follow her into the kitchen.

"Your eggs are burning." Brooke states the obvious.

I run over to the oven and then turn off the burner. My scrambled eggs are ruined and now the kitchen stinks. The smell will most likely linger to the hallways.

"What is that awful smell?" I hear Beth say from the hallway. She walks into the kitchen and looks at Brooke and then at me. "Ahh who are you?"

"Who are you is the better question." Brooke looks at Beth and Beth instantly looks annoyed.

"Are you with Harry?" Beth quickly asks Brooke.

"HA! You couldn't pay me enough money to even be nice to him." Brooke is such a snot.

"Beth, this is Brooke, Niall's friend." I smile at Beth as she remembers who Brooke is.

"Oh. Why are you here?" I love how blunt Beth is.

"I'm here to see Niall. Wait, I don't know why I'm wasting my time talking to you two. I know where Niall's room is." Brooke walks away.

After Brooke is out of the kitchen Beth walks up to me.

"Wow, you weren't kidding. She is a bitch," Beth laughs. "I'm not going to lie though. I'm relieved it wasn't Harry's new girlfriend."

"Okay first of all, I did not call her that and second of all, Harry isn't dating. He is waiting for you."

"Yeah, whatever. Go fight for your man. Don't let them be alone together." Beth pushes my shoulder, but I shrug her off.

"I don't know. I'm tired of fighting for Niall. This isn't the stupid Bachelor. I shouldn't have to compete for him. If he wants to be with me then he will."

"Charlotte, come on! Fight for him. If you care about him then fight for your relationship." Beth encourages me, but I'm going to use her advice to my advantage.