chapter 32

We all slowly get out of the car. Louis, Eleanor, and Niall stare me. Probably waiting for some explanation as to why they never knew that my dad was thee James Reed a.k.a their boss. I never wanted these two parts of my life to collide. I should have known they would.

"So, you are secretly rich!" Louis exclaims and Eleanor elbows him.

I look at them and I'm speechless. I don't know what to say to them. I look back and see the rest of our group walking up to us.

"Can we not make a big deal about this? I will explain everything later. After this stupid event." I look at them and Louis and Eleanor nod their heads.

We all walk inside and Niall pulls me close to him.

"Why didn't you tell me about your family?" Niall whispers to me.

"I don't fit into this part of my life. I basically got kicked out of it. I didn't want you to know. It's pretty embarrassing." I look at Niall and sigh. "You are about to learn a lot more about me tonight then I ever planned on letting you know."

We are in the nicest hotel in this area of Connecticut. My parents always rent out the biggest ballroom. There are tables scattered in a circle. The center is left empty for the guests to dance, like always. Each table is assigned. The surgeons usually sit closer to the center. Those are considered the best tables. Each table has a white elegant table cloth. Each chair has a cloth bow on the back. The center pieces on the table are big bouquets of white roses. There will be a nice steak dinner served. I know that there is an alternative for vegetarians, I just don't know what it is since I always get the steak.

"Have you always come to this fundraiser?" Niall turns and looks at me.

"Every year since I can remember." I use to love this event.

"How come we never met. I assume you sat with your family at table number one." Niall points to a table and I see my family talking and laughing. Zayn is sitting with them. He is sitting awfully close to Dawson. "Is Zayn holding your brother's hand?"

I look closer and sure enough he is. Niall looks at me and I start to laugh. All of my secrets will be coming out tonight and I don't know if I'm nervous or not.

"Truth number one, Zayn and Dawson are in love. Zayn is bisexual and Dawson is gay. I have been using Zayn to make you jealous." As I say this Niall seems to relax.

"You little trickster!" Niall chuckles and looks back at my family. "Let's go say hi."

"No." I grab Niall's arm and pull him towards me. "Don't you remember that party I went to with Zayn? I don't have a good relationship with my parents. I don't want to talk to them."

"Okay. Let's go sit down with the others and you can tell me more about your secret life." Niall pulls me forward. He sounds a little too excited.

As we sit down I notice how close we are to my parents' table. We are at table five, so there are only three tables separating us from them. It is only a matter of time before they see me. I look over at them and I make eye contact with Dawson. He chokes on his drink and he looks away. I watch as he excuses himself from the table. Zayn follows him and I know exactly where they are going. Every year we would sneak off to the janitors closet and get drunk. We always got a hotel room so our parents never knew what we were doing.

"I'm going to go say hi to Dawson." I stand up and walk as fast as possible. I hear someone beside me and I see Niall coming with me.

We walk quietly leaving the loud ballroom. When we get to the janitors closet I knock on the door three times. The door slowly opens and Dawson pokes his head out.