17| Disbelief👀

Continuing from last chapter:

He pulled back, as he rested his forehead on mine.

"Angel," he said.

At that moment, a tear fell to my cheek.

I wasn't crying.

Jimin shii was.

...

(sorry I had to remove one scene and add some parts. Feel free to read again. Guess I was a ittle tired while writing, didn't notice some flaws.)

17| Disbelief

I flinched as the tear fell on my cheek.

I thought I was crying.

I looked up, slowly tracing my way to Jimin shii's eyes.

They were red.

And tearing.

My eyebrows started to droop.

I wiped the tear off my cheek.

He was hurting. It was obvious. I didn't mean for this to happen.... He's probably having a hard time already... Had I made it worse?

He began inhaling deeply, clenching his teeth.

It hurt me to see him like that. Particularly, it bothered me more and I started to feel the urge to comfort him.

I pat his shoulder a little hesitantly.

"Jimin shii.... Don't hold back...."

He began breathing heavier.

"Jimin shii, we all hurt sometimes... And you of all should know that... Just, don't hold it back.... You're hurting yourself."

Another tear dropped down his cheek.

The whole time, his eyes were looking into mine. As if... He saw something in me.

"You held in all your pain, it's about time...you vent it, right?" I said, rubbing his shoulder to calm him down.

I couldn't. It hurt me too much.

I was so hesitant to do what I was about to do, but it felt like the right thing to do.

I walked closer to him.

I wrapped my hands around his chest, as I used my other hand to pat his back.

Soon, he was hugging me back, as he buried his head in my shoulder.

This was an indication to me. Most psychopaths don't give thought to humane feelings, let alone crying. The fact that he was crying, proved to me that he had a motive. He didn't kill all those people on purpose. At least, I'll assume for now.

I continued to comfort him, as he cried bitterly.

After some time, he finally calmed down. I continued to pet his hair, as I tried my best to imitate the comfort he probably never felt for years.

Speaking of comfort, my heart felt at ease. I more I hugged him, the safer I felt. The irony in that...

After a while, he stopped sobbing.

"Jimin shii?" I said, pulling him off my shoulder.

He was sweating, and looked unwell.

I placed my hand on his forehead.

"Oh my god, you're burning."

It was burning. He had a fever. God if only I found out about those tablets earlier... Those antibiotics were causing this. I was sure of it. Antibiotics are to be taken only when sick. If not, excess consumption could be fatal.