31| Break💔

Continuing from last chapter:

I turned around and wiped my tears off.

"I do." as the words came out of my mouth, it felt like my diaphragm punched my lung.

What the heck was I saying?

...

31|

Lisa's POV
"You two lovebirds can chat heheheh" I said, walking out the door.

I sensed the tension immediately when Chaeng unnie walked in.

I can't be wrong. There's something going on between them, and I need to let them talk it out. Something about Jungkook shii hiding his identity....

But my curiosity was killing me. I had to listen to their conversation.

As I left out the door, I made sure not to close it fully.

I stood near the door so I could hear better, but all I heard was muffled voices, some I couldn't make out. I peeped through the glass panel on the door so I could see what was going on.

"I got fired."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
She got fired? But why? She wouldn't do something so... stupid that will make her lose her job....

The next few lines were too soft to hear.

I wanted to see what was going on, so I peeped through the glass panel on the door.

I saw Jungkook shii hug her tightly.

I looked away.

Something about that make my heart sting and my tongue burn.

I was happy for her....

But... nevermind.

I continued to listen.

"I almost killed my patient, and I don't even think he's gonna make it...." she said.

That didn't make any sense. She was a therapist not a surgeon.

"Is this about Park Jimin?" Jungkook shii asked.

As he said that name, in the far back of my head, it rang a bell.

I felt like I knew who he was talking about. But I didn't.

I couldn't bear to hear any more of their conversation, as my guilty conscience didn't let me.

I backed away and walked to the cafeteria. On the way there, I walked past a familiar figure.

Short hair, glasses, a crooked smile, cheekbones that might as well be fake....

As I walked past her, I turned around.

She was extremely familiar. I had definitely seen her somewhere in my life. Long ago...

Suddenly someone from the counter shouted a name.