25| Resist👄

Continuing from last chapter:

As I was locking the door, I heard faint moaning from the corner of the room.

I quickly turned around.

The site horrified me, I lost my balance and hit the door.

His hand reached out, shriveled, as though drained of blood.

"Jimin shii," I whispered as my eyes failed to blink.

...

25| Resist

His hands reached out of the dark corner.

But they weren't reaching out to me.

They were reaching toward some sort of necklace on the floor.

His hands... They looked shrivelled...and his veins were showing.

"Jimin shii your hands..." I said as I walked toward the corner he was sitting in, every step revealing more of him from the darkness of the room as I moved closer.

His skin was pale and his veins were showing.

My hand flew to my mouth.

I dropped to my knees beside him, watching as he grabbed the necklace and held it close to his chest.

I rested my hand on his shoulder and shook his shoulder.

He wasn't in the right state of mind.

"I'll kill them all..." He kept murmuring.

"Jimin shii! Snap out of it, please!"

He continued to murmur under his breath.

I kept shaking him vigorously, until he finally turned to face me.

His eyes were red, like he had cried.

"Chae Young ah," He was facing me, but his gaze wasn't at me, rather beyond.

I didn't say anything.

"I...can't be sure this is you... but if it is.... remember," His voice stuttered, as his eyes blinked many times.

He leaned closer to my face.

"Nal,....Yeongseohajima.(Don't forgive me.) Ever." He said, a tear escaping his eye.

My heart skipped a beat as he said that. Some part of me hurt. Like it was pierced with a thousand needles at once. Is this empathy I feel.... Or is it real pain?

"Jimin shii," my hand unknowingly had shifted to his face, wiping the single tear. I didn't want to worsen his state further... And to be honest, neither was I sure whether my memories were just a fit of my imagination, even though I was almost convinced they weren't. It all seemed... to fake and manipulated to be true. At least that's what I want to believe...

I ignored what he said earlier, burying it into my thoughts.

"No matter how hard it is, you have to control these intentions, Jimin shii..." I was referring to him mentioning murder.

"If you let them consume you, you'll never be able to escape this place. I really wish that you can, you don't deserve to be here." I continued.