61| Tipsy🥂

Continuing from last chapter:

"Any witnesses? Then we can lock it in." He replied.

As a tear escaped my eye, I replied. "Yup. I have a witness."
...
61| Tipsy

Jungkook's POV

I put the phone down, feeling a sharp pain in my chest.

I realised that if this investigation continued any further, I would have to finally let go.

I left the cafè and headed back to the factory.

As I entered, I caught a glimpse of Chaeyoung and Jimin sleeping in a corner.

I turned over to the other side and saw Lisa napping near the side wall, crouched with her head on her knees.

I walked over to her and bent down to her height on the floor.

She looked pale and was shivering.

I put my hand on her bare arm. It was freezing.

I removed the coat I was wearing and wrapped it around her.

I caught myself staring at her face, which was covered by strands of hair.

I gently used my finger to move the pieces of hair behind her ear.

She started to grumble lightly in her sleep.

"Water..." I heard.

I got up and grabbed a water bottle from the stuff we bought and lightly shook her to wake her up.

As I did, she started to lean to one side, as though she was about to fall over.

Realising she wasn't conscious, I panicked and scooted to one side so she fell on my lap.

"Lisa shii?" I called out.

She was not responding.

I poured some water into my fingers and sprinkled it on her face.

"Lisa shii?" I called out again, and this time, I saw her flinch.

Soon, she opened her eyes slowly.

I helped her to get up and fed her some water.

"You scared me there... Are you okay?" I asked, as she held her head.

"Yeah, just dehydrated.." she replied.

"Lisa yah? Jungkook shii?" Chaeyoung was awake and standing behind us, with Jimin at the back.

"We got some supplies and food. Today's the last day we can enjoy this silence and calmness. The case is having a formal investigation tomorrow." I said, pointing to the bag of stuff we bought.

"Then let's have the most fun we've ever had. Before chaos takes over." Chaeyoung said, hugging Lisa.

"For this one day, let's forget anything ever happened... and just... hang out. As friends." She continued.

Lisa agreed. I nodded.

Little did they know, chaos was just the beginning. When the real truth comes out, I may never see Chaeyoung again. I may never see... Lisa again... But it has to be done.

I smiled as I gestured a drink in my hand.

"Soju anyone? On me." I asked, as I watched Chaeyoung and Lisa raise their hands.

I went over to the supermarket and got 4 bottles of soju and some kimchi for sides.

We sat in a circle formation as I laid all the snacks and alcohol in the middle.