30| Fault ⛓

Continuing from last chapter:

I walked away with the crowd.

As they were about to close the door, I looked back at him.

I saw....

In his eyes.

He felt the same.

...

30| Fault

It was time for me to do the walk of shame.

It felt horrible, walking down that hallway with 2 other guards, with all the other Doctors giving you a nasty stare.

It hurt my pride.

But most of all,

It hurt me that she manipulated me into doing such a despicable task.

I will never be ready to ever forgive myself. If he's not going to make it, I didn't know what I'd do.

Hong Joo shii stopped me in my path.

"She has some unfinished work, I'm afraid. She has to finish treating this patient first before she can leave. All the Doctors are busy, so she must attend to him."

I looked at her, my face pleading for her kindness.

"Jeon Jungkook shii."

The Guards let me go.

I walked with Hong Joo shii, to the room where Jungkook shii was kept in.

"This is the most I can do, Chaeyoung ah..." Hong Joo shii whispered.

"Thank you so much."

"It's not your fault. I know you. Just.... come back fast okay? This place is going to be hell without you."

"I will, for sure." I assured her.

I opened the door and went in, and saw Jungkook shii and Lisa having a chat.

As I walked in, Jungkook shii quickly noticed.

"Oh, Rosè ah."

I smiled.

"Unnie!!" Lisa threw herself on me.

I hugged her back.

"Jungkook shii, how are you feeling?" I asked, my voice cracking a little.

"I'm... good, you don't look so good though, is something wrong?"

"Unnie I'll go take a break. I need some fresh air. You two lovebirds can chat. Heheheh" Lisa said, winking at me as she left the room.

Good timing. Cuz I need a private chat with him, and I don't want Lisa to be a part of this mess.

As she left, my face changed.

I couldn't stop thinking about what was happening in unit 5.

"Are you...okay? You look really stressed." Jungkook shii asked.