Chapter Six~I do

Prepare for a chapter that is waaaay too big. Originally I planned to cut it in half, but because I'm a day late posting it I decided to give you it all. It's just over twenty thousand words! Enjoy!

🖤🖤🖤

I didn't want to go to school. I didn't want to face them, but I realized I'd either have to do it today or on Monday. It was the thought that Greg might come to school just to attack them that spurred me to unwillingly go.

I'd dressed in my remaining outfit from home, planning to wear the new shirts I ended up buying next week. It was a simple black skirt that nearly reached my knees and a red blouse that covered my arms. I couldn't afford to dress in anything that didn't hide my arms. The scars that Marie had given me were far too noticeable to ignore just yet. The fact that they looked liked self harm scars was even worse. I knew scars disappeared quickly on me and estimated that they'd be completely gone in a few months when it got to be warmer again. Until then I was dedicated to modest clothing.

I left for school earlier than I had yesterday, hoping to get to school before the boys and a majority of the students so I could walk the hallways. The quicker I memorized the layout of the school, the better. I wanted to be prepared for anything, and keeping myself in the dark wasn't the best even if I had memorized the paper map I'd been given.

I'd arrived earlier than I'd planned to, the lack of a clock making my time estimates off by an hour or so. Thankfully, the janitors were already there so the doors were mercifully unlocked. I was quick to go inside and brushed my shivering goosebumps away.

It was almost spooky to look at the hallways with no one in sight. Even on Wednesday after school there had been lingering students, but now I was almost alone and my foot steps echoed uncomfortably loud. With the many clocks around the school I was able to see that it was just before six in the morning. I had an hour and a half before school started and an hour before students started pouring in.

I bid my time walking the hallways, familiarizing myself with the bleak interior, noting the numerous 'hidden' cameras. Human eyes wouldn't recognize them unless they were looking for them, but it was all too easy for me to see them. There were many different brands, but some were newly placed and I made a large leap to assume that the Academy boys had put some of them in place. Or so I hoped, but there were too many different brands to just be the Academy however and I realized that someone else had put up cameras too. Question was, who and why?

My old school had motion sensing cameras that were in view for everyone to see. They were normal and largely ignored, but I couldn't feel like the cameras had a more sinister plan. I was surprised I hadn't noticed them yesterday or Wednesday, but figured I was allowed some leeway for my obliviousness.

However, I wasn't sure if it was my run in with Greg that made me suspicious of everything, but I couldn't help but wonder if some of the cameras could have been placed by him and his fellow demons. If it was Greg or another demon there was no doubt that they'd be using the cameras with malicious intent.

It was as I was taking note of the different brands of cameras that I heard clicking footsteps. I looked down the hallway and saw a young girl my age with beautiful raven colored hair. When she got closer, I gave her a shy smile but a scowl was fixed upon her face. The smile slid off my face when she stopped right by me, "Are you Song?" She asked me in a demanding voice.

I was taken off guard, "Umm, well no. But I am Sang."

She rolled her eyes, "Same thing. I heard that you were talking to the transfer students yesterday." It was an accusation, and I wasn't sure what was wrong with making friends.