Chapter Twenty Five~Wings

You know you're dedicated to writing when you skip a nap to finish a chapter...or maybe it's a sign that you're lazy...

There were times when I had no idea what to do, too many to count. I always had to rely on myself, never before had I had someone to talk to and ask advice. Every action and word I spoke was my own, but I'd also led a pretty miserable life if I was honest. I knew that my life was the way it was because of my parents, but there had always been a part of me that assumed I was the reason my parents hurt me. That my sister hated me because of something I had done. That in some way my Chosen were hurt by their parents because of me-as if they were punished because of all my wrongdoings.

It was an unhealthy mindset to have, but I'd never been able to ask for help before. The only person who had ever cared about me, was me. And even that sometimes faded away into self loathing and disgust.

So as North pinned my arms down to prevent me from fighting him, I had a split second where I asked myself, what now?

There was an infinite number of reactions that I could have had, but as I always did, I chose one of the worst.

I was still for a second, my wide green eyes staring up into the dark midnight pools of Norths, but as soon as he shifted himself, slowly letting go of my hands, I pushed him away completely using my magic. All it did was tilt him to the side until he landed on the bed, but that was far enough away for me to jump off the bed.

The dream was stuck in my head, and it wouldn't get out. I could feel the blood entering my lungs, choking me and drowning me-killing me. But that was something I was used to, dying didn't scare me like it should. What scared me is North was there with me, he could've died, somehow I'd brought him into my dream and he'd been forced through that experience with me. I couldn't look at him, I didn't know how to act. My powers had somehow acted on their own will, and apparently I couldn't control them.

I wasn't sure where I was really going as I opened the bedroom door and slipped out, I could hear North moving off the bed behind me, he called out my name, "Sang!" He boomed worriedly, "Stop!"

But I couldn't. I didn't go back towards the living room and instead went deeper into the hallway. All the doors were opened and I looked in each and every one of them. Bedroom, bedroom, office-bathroom. With relief, I darted inside, wanting the bad feeling inside of me to go away. If I could just splash some water on my face, the fear would go away.

I didn't bother closing the door in that moment and instead immediately went to the sink. I jerked at one of the handles, not caring if it was hot or cold water coming out. But as soon as the water started flooding the sink, I knew it had been a bad idea. The blood in my face come whooshing out and I stumbled back closing my eyes. Images poured over my mind.

"If you're thirsty, Sang, I want you to drink." Her mother said and Sang started tor realize what was happening.

"Mama, please-I'm so sorry." Blood and tears entered the sink, sending a swirl of gold around. Mother wasn't being nice by letting Sang drink water, she'd had another plan entirely.

When the sink was halfway full, Sang's mother pressed down on her head. Sang tried to fight back and pull away, but she was no match to a grown up. Out of a moment of desperation Sang let go of her breath, planning to inhale an even larger one, but at that moment she was already underwater. Her face was once more pressed to the bottom of the sink and the hot water stung at her face and cut. She squirmed, kicked out her legs and trying to use her arms to push herself out of the water, but it was impossible.

Water splashed over the sink, but with the water still running, there was no chance that she could escape.

"Shit." I heard someone say and with a start I opened my eyes only to be engulfed in arms. Once more I tried to fight and struggle, but I was weak and when I breathed in the scent of moss and berries I relaxed. "Turn off the water," Victor ordered. The sound of the water rushing into the sink disappeared but my mind was still tense.