Chapter Thirty~Confined

~A~

Gabriel was shaking, but not in fear or anger, but from a sorrow so deep it felt like his soul was going to rip into a thousand splintered pieces. He wasn't sure what had taken over him early Friday morning, but he wondered if his brothers and the hospital staff would believe him if he blamed it was the fact that it was a full moon and the Friday the thirteenth. It was just an unlucky day, the day that Gabriel had tried to kill Victor out of desperation of finding out if Sang was alive.

He was breaking. With each passing day, a piece of him broke off landing on the ground to be trampled on and the only one who could put him back together was the over person who never could, his Trouble. Already some of the nurses had talked to him, they were informed of the situation, and Gabriel was told that he just needed to let Sang go, that the pain would be gone then.

Well, they didn't know what the fuck they were talking about. They weren't lucky enough to have a soulmate, they weren't lucky enough to have their soulmate kill themselves.

They didn't know how it felt to watch your soulmate die in front them...while he was helpless to do anything. As he begged for Sang to be able to hear him, as he was forced to listen to a one sided conversation.

Gabriel, please. I'm sorry. Don't hate me. I'm sorry. I'll do anything, just please, don't hate me.

Her words, shit, he couldn't get them out of his head.

At the time, he had tried to cut into her hallucination, and make her realize that he didn't hate her. But now, he wished he'd said the truth, he didn't hate her, he loved her. But he'd never be able to say it. She'd captured Gabriel's heart and taken it with her in her death. He didn't have a heart anymore, just a breaking body and a shattered mind.

He sighed and scrubbed at his eyes angrily. It was probably mid afternoon, but Gabriel was considered not only a danger to others, but to himself as well. The room that he was placed in was stark white with not a hint of color, he had a bench permanently stuck to the floor with rounded edges that was supposed to be used as a bed. It wasn't even comfortable though, frankly the floor was probably softer. Why couldn't he have just been placed in another hospital patient room? One with an actual bed, they could have even handcuffed him to it if they wanted to...even if he could have picked the lock eventually.

What he wanted to know, is why no one had visited him yet. Gabriel had stayed awake all through the night expecting Sean or Owen-even Kota-to come and give him a lecture or hopefully break him out. But they hadn't even come. There was a window on the door for people to look in, so in theory they might have looked in on him, but they were idiots if they were thinking that they'd just ignore Gabriel.

That was the worst thing they could do. Gabriel couldn't handle isolation, it ate at him. The times that he was alone were the times that thoughts of death tempted him most.

And, now that Gabriel thought about it, they hadn't even fed him.

'What the fuck?' He thought angrily, was time passing slower than he though? But Gabriel couldn't imagine it was still before seven in the morning when the nurses brought food. So what was the holdup? Were they afraid to?

Gabriel rolled his eyes, but ran a hand through his hair nervously despite wanting to stay annoyed.

He could have killed Victor, killed his brother. Victor could have died.

While he didn't want to admit it to himself, Gabriel was also terrified of himself. The idea to throw a knife had come onto him so strongly and powerfully that he hadn't even given it a second thought. He'd just grabbed his knife and swung. If Sang hadn't...