Chapter Eleven~Severed Secrets

Happy Holidays!

Last chapter has just over two hundred votes!!!! I'm amazed at how awesome you readers are!!!! I never expected this sort of attention over my book!!!! Love you lovelies!!!!

(Yes the amount of exclamation points was indeed necessary)

Dr. Green immediately shoved past his brothers to get to me and grabbed my hand. He pulled it close to him, seeming to have forgotten it was attached to me. He rubbed his thumb over the wound and I winced at the pain it caused. The other's broke into swearing and cursing.

"What the fuck?!" Gabriel swore again, "Guys, I think the meds are making me hallucinate, because I'm seeing Sang's blood as gold and it's fucking glowing."

"You aren't alone Mr. Coleman." Mr. Blackbourne said slowly, "I believe there is a gas leak in the house, or perhaps we were drugged by fumes from the volto mask."

Oh goodness, of course he would think that. "You aren't hallucinating." I told them, my voice slightly strained as Dr. Green continued to prod at my cut. A second later, my eyes started to water from the pain of it and I forced my hand away.

"Like hell we're not." North boomed as he shoved Dr. Green away from me and snagged my wrist. He shook it in the air and turned to the others, "Do all of you actually see this?"

"Put her hand down." Kota ordered with a pale face, he'd removed his glasses from his face, and was only now putting them back on. He thought his glasses were playing tricks on him.

North dropped my hand eyeing the small drop of blood that had dropped down onto his own hand. Dr. Green once more stepped up holding a sewing pin. This time, I gave Dr. Green my hand, he chose my index finger and just like Dr. Roberts had done, he pricked my finger. A single drop of glowing gold blood appeared from the tiny pinprick. "I knew you were special pookie, but not this much." He whispered and turned around to face the others who were rapidly swearing and talking amongst themselves.

"We aren't being drugged," Dr. Green announced running a hand through his curly hair, "and we aren't being tricked. For some reason, Sang's blood is gold and glows." He sounded a little hysterical at this point, and I'm sure they all were.

I reached with my good hand to the paper towels on the counter, grabbed a quick handful. I bent down and quickly swiped at the few drops of blood that had fallen to the ground. Once it was clear, I pressed the remaining paper towel into my cut, holding it there to stop the bleeding. My blood quickly bled through so I shifted and grabbed more to put on top of it. Hopefully that would stanch the blood.

"Are we actually believing this?" Victor questioned, "I'm sorry for being suspicious, Sang but this isn't normal. Could her blood be this way because she was exposed to radiation?"

"That would only mean she was a superhero instead of an Angel," Luke explained a concerning amount of expressions passing his face. Fear, uncertainty, hope, sadness, anxiety.

"Are you truly an aggele?" Silas questioned softly as if fearing if he spoke any louder reality would come pouring in.

I gave him a small smile, "You did choose the right nickname."

"Does Dr. Roberts know about this?" Mr. Blackbourne asked his hand by his side pressed firmly into a fist.

I nodded my head, "He does, I'm sure a lot of Academy members do. The Academy was founded originally by Angels who eventually allowed humans in."

"Why were we not informed?" Mr. Blackbourne demanded.

All I could do is shrug, "Based on what Luke was was telling me last week it's probably because of how negatively you react to them. Luke told me that you refused to believe Gabriel and him-that you wanted them to stop believing in angels. The Academy probably wouldn't bring anyone in on the secret who would deny it or react poorly to it. They'd risk exposing our secret." I was doing guesswork, but as I said it myself it made sense. The Academy wouldn't risk telling anyone who might expose their secret.