Chapter Sixteen~McCoy

Both Dr. Green and I stared at the money in my hands, I wasn't sure what his mind was doing, but mine was running rapidly. It went from one thought to the next, without fully completing a last.

We'd discovered Dr. Green's powers, but was this the full extent? Could he move objects around with his mind, or just paper? Money was made of cotton fiber paper instead of wood fiber paper, so it wouldn't make sense if it was just paper. But maybe paper was paper? Or could Dr. Green potentially lift a truck with his mind? Better yet, why was I still clinging to the the money he'd given me?

I jerkily I thrust my hands out to him, holding the money on my palms. My mind was still whirling from thought to thought but I didn't want Dr. Green to think that I planned on keeping the money.

"Did I just do that?" He asked with wide eyes that never moved from my hands, staring at the green paper as if it would once more leap and float around by its own accord.

"Yeah," I said breathily, "I guess you found your magic."

Dr. Green grinned largely and immediately started wiggling his fingers at the paper. I laughed, and my hands shook at the motion, "You can laugh all you want Pookie, soon I'll be robbing banks."

My head lurched back in shock, robbing banks? Is that what he planned to do? When his own grin remained boyish I realized he was joking and rolled my eyes my smile returning to my face.

"I'm not sure if wiggling your fingers actually will make your paper move." I told him after a few more seconds.

"You think it was my chanting?" He questioned, "I do have excellent rhyming skills."

"I don't know," I admitted surprised he wasn't running back to the conference room to tell the others, "but when I move objects I usually just try to image what I want."

"You can move objects with your mind?" He'd stopped wiggling his fingers and truly looked at him.

Instead of speaking, I lifted the money in my hands and lifted it into the air, having it do a loop around Dr. Greens head before I tucked it into one of his many pockets. He scowled at me as if trying to mimic one of North's intimidating faces, "I will shove the money down your shirt Sang."

Despite the threat I smiled, I'd been told some awful information today, but Dr. Green reminded me that I wasn't alone. "What you should be doing is practicing so you can show the others."

He looked down at the money in his pant pocket and despite what I'd said wiggled his fingers at it.

"What the fuck are you doing?" North's booming voice could be heard from behind us and I turned around in surprise.

He wasn't focused on me though, but at the crotch of Dr. Green's pants. To my surprise Dr. Green started laughing, "It's not what it looks like." He'd stopped wiggling his fingers though.

North walked towards us until he was by my side, barely a half inch away from touching me, so close I could feel his warmth, but too far for me to 'accidentally' brush against him. Knowing that he'd went out of his way to drape a blanket over me this morning meant a lot. I wanted to thank him, but the words wouldn't form in my mouth. "What are you doing then?" He asked.

Dr. Greens sparkling eyes looked back down at his pants before they narrowed in concentration. This time he didn't wiggle his fingers and he didn't chant, but he focused and mentally said what he wanted. We stood there for a second and North opened his mouth to speak again when the money from Dr. Green's pocket wiggled its way out.

"What the fuck?" North watched the money lift into the air, this time it was wobbly and not smooth like he was trying to control its exact movement instead of giving it an order. The money seemed to freeze as North spoke and then dropped as Dr. Green lost concentration.