Chapter Twenty Nine~Full Moon

~A~

It was the earliest hour on Friday, just after midnight, and coincidentally it was also Friday the thirteenth. It made the Academy boys a little paranoid, numbers always had meaning, and with their devastating luck, something disastrous was sure to happen. And just to make matters worse, it was a full moon that night as well. Nothing said 'bad omen' such as this November night.

To make matters worse their plan to take out Volto and Sang's wretched family was more complicated than they thought it would be-and it came with rules.

While Kota and Owen had slacked off on their duties for a few grieving days, now they were taking the reigns again. If you wanted to to help fight Volto, you had to be well rested, your hygiene expectations met, eat at a minimum of three meals a day, and while you could work around those things, two hours a day had to be spent doing something else-something 'normal'.

When the rules had been stated originally, most had thought that they would have been able to get away with breaking some of them-yet there had been another rule added just because of this thought process. No one was allowed to be alone, at a minimum three people had to be with each other. No one was allowed to be alone, and even duos weren't allowed. While it wasn't verbally announced, it was mainly to prevent suicide because everyone was showing signs of wanting to-no matter how small some were. Anxiety attacks, depression, withdrawing, trying to give away important belongings, mood changes-what some had taken to calling PMS, pubescent mood swings. Everyone was more volatile and it scared everyone.

Therefore no one was alone, and everyone was on edge. The two free hours were spent doing different things were supposed to be fun, but the weren't. Depending on who was in their group, some of the hours were downright depressing.

Silas, North, and Nathan for example preferred to work out-with North occasionally destroying cars while the two did so. It was a good way for them to stay in shape while also letting their minds work over everything. But it wasn't uncommon for them to start crying silently as they worked out, the tears blending in with their sweat.

Luke, was now struggling now that he didn't have a role to fill. He was on the bottom of the chain of command, he had no duties, and his skill set while slightly diverse seemed useless. No one knew where a Demon's house might be, so he couldn't sneak into any place. He was just waiting for orders, sitting useless. Nothing to distract him but bad memories. Owen and Kota were doing their jobs, Gabriel had been avoiding him, North was pushing himself to the limits with no time for Luke. There was no light or purpose in his life, that had been lost with Sang. He'd promised Sang forever, and she'd in turn promised him always. That was the way it was supposed to be. And now, the only thing that felt like forever was torment and pain. All he did durning those two hours was lazily join in on what everyone else was doing, not caring about what he did. Because nothing mattered.

Kota generally spent that time with his family so they wouldn't get worried about him-it wasn't working. His mom had actually gone around his back when he wouldn't open up and talked to Owen. Owen in turn had said that a student had passed away at the Academy. It was their first excuse and their first dismissal of Sang, and it hurt. They knew that as the days turned into weeks, they might loose their vigorous actions-but they didn't want to. They feared loosing the image of Sang. Kota took it upon himself to remember everything he could about her, had started making lists of everything he could image, any quote from her, and trying to remember the way she smiled. But the thing that remained most clearly was her death. It was engrained in his mind, every single second of it in pristine condition as if it had only just happened.

Owen and Sean both spent time with their family, making sure that they were okay, and handling bills. Sean had stopped going to work, and while Dr. Roberts was worried, Sean didn't care enough to reassure him. Because he'd be lying if he did.