Chapter Nine:~A~

So, next chapter is completely finished(still won't publish it until next week) but I was going to post it as chapter nine but decided to fit this in instead. Just a bunch of Boy's POV! (Figured it fit considering this is part NINE)

~A~

The nine boys watched as Sang walked away with a look of fright in her eyes. Mr. Blackbourne was quick to step beside Dr. Green, "Is she clear to go?" He asked in a low voice, "Should she be leaving the hospital?"

Dr. Green grimaced, and took a step away from Mr. Blackbourne, "I don't know," he snapped, "you're the one who told us Phil deemed her mental status normal." Dr. Green didn't have the guts to go after Sang like he wanted to. Every instinct in him was telling him to go after her, to keep her safe, but his mind wouldn't let him. Gabriel needed him, his family needed him, even if Sang was walking away with a piece of his heart.

"Even if she is sane, she's probably going back to an abusive situation." Kota chimed as he leaned against the open car door. The last thing he wanted was more guilt on his conscious. He'd regret letting her go if something bad happened to her, but he also couldn't allow her to be around his family more both blood and Chosen. Kota didn't know how dangerous Sang was, but he didn't want to risk anymore harm befalling them.

"Sane people don't get tattoos of the names of people they just met." North reminded, but even he felt queasy about letting her go where she wasn't safe. His anger had tamed itself slightly, but not enough for him to forgive Sang. She was keeping too many secrets, secrets that had hurt his family.

"Should I follow her?" Luke asked, knowing if anyone should, it should be him. He was reluctant though, he didn't want to leave Gabriel, his friend. The day had been long and confusing and Luke needed a resting moment to process all of it. He mentally begged for Mr. Blackbourne to say no.

"Yes," Luke internally cried when Mr. Blackbourne spoke, "and bring Silas with you." Mr. Blackbourne ordered, scanning the parking lot for what might have spooked Sang, but saw nothing, "If she is walking through poor communities you don't want to be caught alone."

"Shouldn't I go then?" North argued not wanting to let his brother go, "I'll intimidate them from even approaching."

"No," Mr. Blackbourne argued, watching Sang's slow limping form slowly shrink the further she got, "I need you. We're going back to the school with Mr. Griffin and talking to the few friends Mr. Johnson had there. We need to figure out exactly what Miss Sorenson is involved with and what boss Mr. Johnson was talking about. If there's a new gang in Charleston we need to eradicate it."

North looked like he wanted to argue more but just sighed and nodded trusting Mr. Blackbourne.

Luke bent down and retied his shoes, making sure to double knot them. The last thing he wanted was for his shoe laces to come undone while he was trying to remain inconspicuous. He most certainly wasn't trying to procrastinate and buy time in hopes that Mr. Blackbourne would change his mind. Why did he even offer to go? Sang had crushed his heart in a matter of hours, and because of her Angels no longer existed. It caused there to be a hole in chest that was rapidly filling with anxiety and uncertainty. Would he be safe following Sang? He no longer as a Guardian to look after him, so how was he to trust his own instincts? How had he remained safe all these years if not for a Guardian?

"I want a check in from you two every ten minutes." Mr. Blackbourne demanded, "If at any time you feel uncomfortable, red line Mr. Griffin, Mr. Taylor Jr., and I. We don't want any more of us getting injured."