Chapter Ten~Blood

You have no idea how guilty I feel after publishing that short part last time. I felt like I was betraying you-but I had a few ballroom competitions this week and knew I wouldn't be able to write another chapter if I posted this last week.

Soooo... as a compromise for cheating you out last week I decided to keep Sang's thumbs👍🏻 instead of chopping them off. That's good right?

Though...admittedly I never planned to chop them off in the first place.

"Sang!" I heard someone scream out in absolute fear from behind me. In a flash I was whirling around, my heart thumping a terrified beat. There was someone right behind me, not just anyone-it was him, the demon in the volto mask.

In an instant I sprang back, nearly falling to the ground to avoid the knife he'd tried to plunge into me. Who had cried my name? I didn't have time to look around before the demon swiped his knife towards me again his form lithe, this wasn't the first time he'd tried to stab someone. By chance I dodged away from it, curving my torso away from his strike, my heart pounding in terror. The demon wanted to kill me.

"Get away from her!" Was that Silas?

The demon in the mask gripped his knife firmly in an offensive position but looked behind, giving me an opportunity to see Luke and Silas charging towards us. The demon hissed something out something unintelligible, sounding robotic and distorted. I barely caught the word 'twelve' before the demon turned back to me, "Your death will be mine." He threatened as he towered over me, his knife held high in the air. It came down again, and once more I stumbled back but this time he hadn't been aiming for me.

Instead he lowered his knife and stabbed himself  in the torso. I screamed in terror as black goo emerged from the wound oozing and dripping down in thick globs to the dirt ground. The demon didn't seem to be in an ounce of pain though, and stood there as thick black smoke appeared out of his mask's eyes. The smoke darkened and spread out, going down his body until he was completely covered in a shield of darkness. Suddenly a forceful blast of energy came out from the demon, sending me flying backwards to the ground at the power of it.

I landed with a harsh thud on my back, not reacting soon enough to catch myself on my hands. I lay there stunned for a moment as pain rang out from my already abused body, gasping in air for my depleted lungs. My head lifted from the ground, and I supported my upper body on my arms, but the demon was no longer there. Where was he? Where was the demon in the volto mask? My eyes darted around, looking at the desolate area and the empty roads. He was nowhere in sight, he'd vanished. I sat up further, unable to relax despite not seeing him. Was he gone? Or was he hiding somewhere nearby, just watching and waiting for another opportunity to strike? I looked towards where he had been, the thick black blood that had previously dripped to the ground was gone. The only thing that remained was the gleaming white volto mask that rested face up on the ground.

"Sang?" Luke asked me with a slight hysteria in his tone, reminding me that he was here, "What the heck was that?"

I was panting on the ground, unable to speak as Luke and Silas slowly and warily approached me, "Aggele?" Silas prodded his accent thick.

"No," I panted, as I forced myself to sit up further, "that was not an Aggele, the exact opposite actually." Why had I just said that? I hoped they were too shocked to pick up on what I had said. What had even happened? One second I was walking, the next a Demon tried to kill me before killing himself. But had the Demon killed itself? I scanned the area again, looking for even the slightest movement of life. Was the demon out there still?