Chapter Twenty Seven~The Last Flight

Enjoy!

The bomb exploded in my hands, and my eyes widened in horror and shock.

A scream caught in my throat, never to be audible, and I expected as the smoke cleared out to find my hands missing. Except...I was fine. Not even a scratch on me. In fact, the bomb itself was just gone entirely, as if it had been swallowed by a black hole. What was happening?

I looked up towards my Chosen, expecting to see that one of them had used their powers, but they all looked horrified and scared, before they too realized I was alright.

"Sang!" More than one voice shouted as they rushed towards me.

I looked back down at myself, flipping my arms this way and that, but not even my shirt was scorched-a good thing considering it wasn't mine.

"I'm fine," I told them, an automatic response. But as I said it I realized it to be true. What had happened?

Silas reached me first, the envelope still in his hands. He nearly squeezed the life out of me as he wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up, giving me a ginormous hug. They were all talking, their voices mixing and merging into one another making it nearly impossible to pull out any words.

I hugged him back, feeling myself trembling from the shock of it all. I felt hands on my torso, pulling me away from Silas. It was Kota, and he too squeezed the life out of me for a moment before pulling away and scanning me. Dr. Green was right by my side as well, with Mr. Blackbourne keeping the others back so I could be examined. "What hurts?" Dr. Green asked as he went fully into doctor mode. He didn't even wait as he started twisted my arms this way and that trying to find an injury that didn't exist.

I pushed his hands back as he tried to pull up the hem of my shirt, "Nothing, Dr. Green." He was still persistent and I grabbed his hands trying a different tactic, "Sean," I said louder and he looked up at me calling him by his first name, "I don't know what just happened, but I'm fine." He relaxed slightly, and opened his mouth to speak when out from the woods that surrounded Mr. Blackbourne's house, I saw someone come out. Someone I didn't recognize. I froze and gathered my powers slightly in worry. Dr. Green followed my line of sight.

They were jogging towards us quickly, clutching their waist. "Blackbourne!" The man shouted, his short brown hair looking mused, and his eyes were shadowed like he hadn't slept.

Mr. Blackbourne turned at hearing his name, and stepped away from the group, "Mr. Folley," he said with complete control and authority in his voice, "What has happened? Why was someone able to slip past?" His tone was nearly accusing, and looking at Mr. Blackbourne's clenched and slightly shaking fists, I knew that he was close to loosing the wall he kept around him. They all were on edge, but their voices stopped as they focused on the person arriving.

Overprotective, even if the man was now recognized as Academy, the boys all took protective positions in front of me except for Gabriel who had taken this opportunity to come over to me and hug me. He put his head on me, and I felt his arms trembling, "Don't do that ever again." He whispered to me in a pleading voice, "I can't loose you. I just can't."

Even though I knew I shouldn't, I smiled. This was a raw form of Gabriel, and the purity and youth he held just made me love him even more. I pulled away before answering, making sure his crystal blue eyes looking into mine. "I can't loose you either." I admitted, though I'm sure he already knew that, "And I can't promise anything, but I promise that I won't let my life end any sooner than it has to." Sometime in this next week, I was going to die. For a moment, when I saw the bomb flame, I had thought I was going to die, it was terrifying. But I couldn't think about myself, but the others. I needed to prepare them for my death. That's what my last and final goal would be, I just hoped I succeeded.