Chapter Thirty Two~Evil Won

My favorite thing in the world is reading Ghostbird fan fictions and reading the comments only to see someone 'shipping' Sang with one of the boys. The realization that they've never read the books and don't know Sang's going to end up with all of them is amazing. It makes me feel like we're corrupting them, and that's the best feeling to have.

Warning...this gets a little darker than I realized it would be...oops🤷🏻‍♀️

~A~

There wasn't much for Luke to do on that Friday evening besides get kidnapped by Demons.

The hardest part about it was slipping past his family who were all concerned about him. He didn't know when to do it, and was just going through the rest on that Friday thinking about it, and not actually doing it. He needed to do it soon though, Luke owed it Gabriel. Though Gabriel was everyone's family, Luke and Gabriel were like two peas in a pod. His other brothers were watching him like a hawk because they feared Luke might do something rash-which he was, but he had Owen's permission.

Everyone was staying at Nathan's house that night. Food was on everyone's plates, but the air was stale with grief, and no one had much of an appetite.

"Luke," North grunted, "You can't just pick out the vegetables."

Luke glanced down at his plate seeing that he was indeed doing just that, "Sorry," he muttered before stabbing one of the vegetables and eating it without complaint.

"I was thinking tomorrow we can all visit Sang's grave in the morning," Owen spoke, dabbing at his mouth.

There were some glances towards him, but only nods in return to his idea. They'd never turn down visiting her grave.

Kota however was disturbed and he looked at everyone anger rising in him, "Is this how it's going to be?" He demanded, too loud in the echoing room. "Gabriel's gone and we haven't even come up with a plan beside try to find their hideout. Are we all just slowly going to get kidnapped? Is this going to become normal? Losing family members left and right never to see them again. Not knowing if they're still alive, not knowing if we'll ever see them again. Are we just going to sit here and pretend that nothing happened? This isn't the way I want to live. We are Academy. Aren't we better than this?" Kota never did just mention one thing wrong, he went for the entire load of it.

"Kota," Owen spoke tensely, but not with anger at his outburst, but out of the uncertainty of the future, "I don't know what else to do." It was true, Owen was grasping at straws.

"Not this," Kota argued, "we don't abandon each other. We don't leave each other, and yet that's what we did with Gabriel. You're too wrapped up in guilt and grief to think correctly. This is why the Academy requested that we not get involved yet. We're making beginners mistakes."

"What do you want us to do?" Owen asked remembering his conversation earlier with Luke, "Stop? Just sit back and watch the Academy do nothing?"

"Maybe I do!" Kota shouted, "Maybe I don't want to loose another brother!"

Luke looked down at his plate, feeling guilty, but also uncertain. Should he try to get kidnapped? Was that the best thing to do?

"Volto took Gabriel for a reason," Owen snapped. "We aren't safe if we do nothing, we're nothing more than sitting ducks if we do that."