16

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 500 READS!! WHAT??

sh*t. sh*t sh*t sh*ttity sh*t. what did i do? i woke up the following morning in a panic, i had agreed to something with john watson. sure, it may not be a normal relationship, but now he had expectations for me. i would have to live up to them. and rosie. we had left her at the house.

sh*t. i got up, looking down at the sleeping john, not quite sure what to do. he wouldn't care if i left, right? if it was to take care of his daughter, surly he wouldn't?.. no, he wouldn't, i agreed. i turned in my phone, noticing it was 7:00 in the morning. so not too late. i hurried home.

ms. hudson was in our flat, taking care of rosie.

ms. h (i'm too lazy to type ok?): sherlock! that was very irresponsible! you left a baby here alone!

me: but you were here. and she is john's child, not mine.

ms. h let out a sigh, knowing she wouldn't get to me. she turned to leave the room, handing rosie to me.

me: thank you.

she grins as she leaves. in all honesty, ms. h has always been like a mother to me. my own mother was rather.. dull. ms. h had an ex husband who was a crazy druggie murderer. which is more interesting?

after making sure rosie was decently taken care of, i went back to the building to find john. however, on my way out the door, he was there.

john: what the hell were you thinking?

me: .. of rosie?

john paused for a moment.

john: damn. i'm a terrible dad.

me: you are a horrible father.

we walked up stairs.

john: are we going to tell people about us?

me: no.

john: sorry, what?

me: no. that makes it real. that makes you a weakness. that makes people have expectations of me that i can't live up to. that makes assumptions. no.

john: i'm going to let this slide fur now.

me: good.

we reached the door to our flat, opening it up. i pass rosie to john, eager to get on a case again. it has been so long, and my boredom has gotten the best of my many times. as if reading my mind, a call comes through my phone from lestrade.

i put myself together a bit more, and rush out the door.

(a/n: oof sorry for not updating. i've had major writer's block. also, this chapter sucks.)