17

(i'ma try and write some fluffy stuff from john's pov)

sherlock came home and flopped on the sofa. "tired?" i asked him with a slight smile, scooting over closer.

"exhausted."

"see? you do need sleep?" i grinned, smugly.

"no, i just need another case," he sighed. "i finished the new one this morning and i've been going around the city the whole day, being bored."

"why didn't you come home?"

"i didn't want to bother you."

"you wouldn't have bothered me. want to watch something on the tellie? i just out rosie to bed."

"ok."

"just so long as it's not crap tellie." i told him. "you get way too invested in that."

he flashed me a quick smile. "i'm not going to say you're wrong."

i grabbed the remote, turning on the tv and sitting down on the sofa, right next to sherlock. out of curiosity, i rested my head on his shoulder, not really paying attention to the movie on the tv. i focused on him, sitting here, next to me.

at first, he let out a bit of a shudder. he clearly wasn't used to this. what a pure child. however, after a minute, he rested his head on top of mine. we spread out on the sofa and settled in a comfortable silence.

by the time the movie finished, i was laying on sherlock's chest, and he was asleep. i rolled over al looked at him, carefully as to not wake him up.

i was strange. we didn't ever act like a normal couple, but we did care about each other. i could tell he cared about me a lot. and i knew i cared about him, even if he was an emotionless, yet somehow depressed mess.

i probably wouldn't even want to be in a "normal" relationship with sherlock. he was so unusual it would just not fit. but i was happy where we were, even if we couldn't flaunt our relationship to everyone. i smiled slightly at him.

"quit staring and go to sleep john." he mumbled at me.

"i wasn't staring!! plus we should probably go to bed, not just sleep on the sofa."

he yawned. "yeah, right. ok." he stood up, but still had his arms wrapped around me. quickly, as if realizing his error, he let go. "sorry"

i laughed. "why would you be sorry?"

"sorry, i haven't done this before really."

"do you want to sleep with me tonight?"

".."

"in a non sexual way."

".."

"it's ok if you don't want to."

"sorry john, i just.. can't. not yet."

"ok, well, go to sleep now."

"ok."

i followed him to his room, tucking him in. "you're like a child." i said.

"then give me a goodnight kiss."

shocked by sherlock's flirting skills, i said, "smooth? you?"

"i'm not very good at this."

"but i'm not either." i said. with that, i kissed him quickly and whispered goodnight. i heard him mumble it back as i left the room.

i could get used to this.

(it's 3:20 am rn where i am. oof)